Cincinnati Radio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrfyter33

CFD had similar issues with there APX radios when they first got them. But after several months of testing different audio settings with firefighters, Motorola, and Mobilcomm techs they finally found audio settings that were acceptable or on par with there previous 5000's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right, so what is CPDs issue? Obviously, there's a lack of communication there (no pun intended).

This has been going on for a lot longer than a few months. Either they aren't interested in sitting down to take the time to get them right, or the officers aren't using them correctly, or possibly some combination of both factors.

The fact that we replaced half our FD XTS with APX and replaced all PD XTS with APX, tells me there is something goofy going on here. We haven't had the issues they are talking about. Neither has our PD. Yes, the APX sound a little different when used with or compared to the XTS. I chalk that up to a newer vocoder and some software enhancements/refinements, but that doesn't explain the repetitive issues they are having, with everything from not being heard to busy tones on PTT.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

fyrfyter33

Sigh, more hullabaloo. We'll see how far those "demands" go.

Now, they are also mad at the CAD vendor as well, because things aren't working like they should.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...mbers-threaten-company-over-dispatch-problems

Funny, it's the same CAD vendor for the county, and things seem to work good. There were initial issues to iron out, but since then, it's been fine minus the occasional random issue, which usually relates to incorrect map data, not nonfunctionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.