Cincinnati to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAR923

I'll be traveling from Cinci to Cleveland and back next week. After looking at the MARCS system in the database, I'm totally confused on what I should be using to monitor the OHP for the trip. I have a PRO-96. Does anyone have a list of the correct towers or, even better, a .P96 file with this information? Much thanks for any help.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
Here the link to the Map of all the Tower locations in Ohio. Site Map: State of Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State

The link called RR LOCATIONS in the database just above and to the right where site and frequency list starts.

This should help you.

P.S.

The Map is interactive so you can zoom in closer and click on the ballons to get the site name so you know which site name to look for and program.

I used this to help program my PSR500 when I visit my parents in Southern Ohio.

Last edited:

Mike-KC8OWL

As the previous poster said, use the link to find the best towers along your route. Program the control channel for each of those towers and then use the Pro 96 in CC mode. From the database, program in all of the OSP TG's and you should be good. In closed mode you will hear just OSP and in open mode you will any traffic on the tower at that time.

SAR923

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the help. I found a file on the Ohio MARCS Yahoo group that looks perfect for the drive up I-71. There sure are a lot of towers and talkgroups. Alabama is "talking" about a 700 Mhz statewide trunked system. All I can say is that they'd better have a lot of money for towers after seeing MARCS. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.