Cincinnati!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearcatIII

When I listen to Cincinnati Ohio's trunking system (with my PSR 500), I pick them up clearly and then they're gone. A few seconds later they're back. Is this a systems thing?

beischel

When I listen to Cincinnati Ohio's trunking system (with my PSR 500), I pick them up clearly and then they're gone. A few seconds later they're back. Is this a systems thing?

OK, this will start off as a smart a$$ answer....usually after they stop talking they are gone. Then when they come on to talk again, you will hear them :)

Seriously, I am not sure what you are referring to. Do you mean that the audio in the middle of a transmission beaks off then starts up again?

I had to do a lot of tweaking with settings on the HamCo/Cincinnati system to get it to work well. I had issues with receiving the system with a Bearcat 996XT and after rebanding, with my GRE 500 and 600.

I think it is due to the Simulcasting. After tweaking and a lot of experimenting with settings, I have it working pretty well now.

What part of the county are you living in? I would be happy to send you my scanner file to load into your scanner to see if it works better for you. I can send the file in any of the three software vendors' formats just tell me which one you need.

Duffy

BearcatIII

I'm in Florence KY. I'll have a clear signal, but in the middle of a sentence the signal is gone. I have a GRE PRS-500. Did you adjust attenuation?

beischel

I'm in Florence KY. I'll have a clear signal, but in the middle of a sentence the signal is gone. I have a GRE PRS-500. Did you adjust attenuation?

Yes, first thing I did was change the multisite to "stationary" from "roaming." Then I manually turned off the Global Attention and just checked attenuation on each of the Hamilton County Cincinnati Systems I have defined (I have Hamilton Co Police, Hamilton County Fire, Cincinnati Police, Cincinnati Fire all as separate talk groups). That seemed to help quite a bit. Not perfect as some still break off, but it did help quite a bit.

Duffy

Status
Not open for further replies.