Cisco Emergency Communication van

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Wow just checked out the Cisco Emergency Communication van at fire expo in Raleigh. They have two of these vans, plus a tractor trailer and multiple portable units they let agencies use for free in major emergencies. Features wired & wireless IP based data, voice, video over satellite or other Internet systems.
panypavy.jpg

SCPD

QRT
Now that is cool!. Is that a HomePatrol mounted on the rack between the two computer monitors?.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
No they didn't have scanners but said they have the ability to patch into any radio system out there, clear or scrambled.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Agreed it does look it, but no it's another piece of gear.
4ezu5eza.jpg

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
That's a HomePatrol for sure unless somebody has totally copied the physical form factor and the screen display. Looks like the System and Department are locked and the Channels are still being scanned.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I could be wrong, but it didn't look it in person, and they said they didn't use scanners on board. But who knows.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It's an HP-1 for sure. There's a video on YouTube which clearly shows one of the older Uniden scanners (BC996T form factor) in its place.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You can learn more about it at the website cisco.com/go/tacops

mrunyan

Premium Subscriber
Cisco Network Emergency Response Vehicle

All,
I work on the team that owns and operates the NERV (Network Emergency Response Vehicle), a NIMS Type II Mobile Command Vehicle. It is used to provide temporary data, voice, video and radio interop services to first responders, national/state/local government, critical infrastructure and humanitarian organizations in times of crisis or other planned events/exercises. Typically, we use satellite for the internet backhaul in these situations as other methods are down, degraded or nonexistent.

Good eye on the scanner! It is indeed a HomePatrol-1; I installed it. :) Apologies if anyone provided you the wrong info.

That is the correct URL for TacOps on the static Cisco corporate site.

You can find the freshest content on the TacOps Team, the vehicles, and the other emergency communications assets on social media:

Facebook: http://facebook.com/cisco.tacops
Twitter: @CiscoTACOPS
Instagram: ciscotacops
Presentations and Documentation: Cisco Tactical Operations SlideShare

For general inquiries, email is best: tacops-info@cisco.com

We enjoy coming to the SAFRE show every year and engaging with all of you!

Cheers,
Matt Runyan
Network Consulting Engineer, Cisco Systems - Tactical Operations
FF/EMT, Apex FD
COML, NCTF-4 USAR

PS: We have an active deployment to Washington in support of a wildfire Incident Management Team, so keep an eye on that Facebook feed for the latest updates.

Usual disclaimer: I am an employee of Cisco, volunteer with Town of Apex and these posts / opinions are my own.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hey Matt it was great seeing your team Friday, thanks for chiming in on this and updates. it's an amazing service you guys provide.

By the way, the NERV was the highlight of my visit to SAFRE

Status
Not open for further replies.