Citizen, the real-time crime alerting app, is growing in big cities using Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Citizen will now tell you why helicopters are flying overhead
The helicopter tracker is coming
February 26, 2021
Citizen, the app that turns everyone into a crime reporter, now wants to track helicopters. The company announced today that it’s introducing helicopter tracking to the app, which will explain to users why there are flying vehicles overhead.

if they were smart, they would integrate with the ADSB plane monitoring network of "citizens" for better tracking.

spacellamaman

Citizen will now tell you why helicopters are flying overhead
The helicopter tracker is coming
February 26, 2021
Citizen, the app that turns everyone into a crime reporter, now wants to track helicopters. The company announced today that it’s introducing helicopter tracking to the app, which will explain to users why there are flying vehicles overhead.

its about time. drives me crazy having to figure out what the intentions are of the guys flying overhead.

even when i intercept the comms clearly, the use of bogus names, silly code-words, and vague descriptions (ie: "JETBIRD21, KILLDEVIL33, 2 minutes out for MPU, sparkle the El'Zee when able" and other such non-sense) makes it Extremely difficult to figure out what's going on and where.

I mean yeah, sure, I got much of it pretty well figured out at this point in time, but it took me years to get this far, and there is still plenty I don't understand.

This will make Robin Sage soooo much simpler to track now.

Thanks Citizen!!!

JeremyG760

Premium Subscriber
This will just convince the agencies to encrypt...sorry, lock out thei aircraft from being show on the flight radar apps. I always get a laugh out of watching Omaha track smugglers on Flight Radar up and down the coast.

Paul
I'm already amazed the difference in what I can see on ADS-B Exchange vs Flight Radar 24. FR24 is prettier on mobile, but ADS-B Exchange has so much more info.

nokoa3116

In San Jose California, the San Jose Police Helicopter doesn't show up on any ads-b map anymore. When you look it up by its tail number N408PD, it says that the owner requested it not be displayed on the map.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
For the most part, this app will be providing the same functionality as FlightRadar24. Saying it will show you WHY they are flying overhead is not correct. In some small instances, they may link it to an incident to tell you why but I am willing to bet 98% of the time it is just going to show you the owner of the helicopter and not much more info.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
In San Jose California, the San Jose Police Helicopter doesn't show up on any ads-b map anymore. When you look it up by its tail number N408PD, it says that the owner requested it not be displayed on the map.
Yeah more and more are doing this. Louisville Metro put in a request and it took about 3 months to get approved from what I was told. I enjoyed having an alert that would pop up on my watch from FlightRadar24 and let me know they were flying.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
its about time. drives me crazy having to figure out what the intentions are of the guys flying overhead.

even when i intercept the comms clearly, the use of bogus names, silly code-words, and vague descriptions (ie: "JETBIRD21, KILLDEVIL33, 2 minutes out for MPU, sparkle the El'Zee when able" and other such non-sense) makes it Extremely difficult to figure out what's going on and where.

I mean yeah, sure, I got much of it pretty well figured out at this point in time, but it took me years to get this far, and there is still plenty I don't understand.

This will make Robin Sage soooo much simpler to track now.

Thanks Citizen!!!
Have you figured out why there's a Brickyard flying in the sky yet? My favorite was Cactus 😂 Airline callsigns can sound quite dumb lol

Status
Not open for further replies.