Citizens Band service group

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

I kinda figured out that the 536 will only offer you the option to turn on a service group if you have the frequencies programed in. Is that correct Also I was wondering what the service group needs to be enabled to scan the Citizens band?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

phask

Premium Subscriber
I kinda figured out that the 536 will only offer you the option to turn on a service group if you have the frequencies programed in. Is that correct Also I was wondering what the service group needs to be enabled to scan the Citizens band?

Other - also need Nationwide - Citizens Band

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Keep in mind that channels 16, 36 through 40 use a type of modulation that scanners can't handle - if it sounds like Donald Duck on a bad day, you're hearing Single Side Band.

And unless you have a decent outdoor antenna, chances are you're not going to hear much there anyway. A little telescopic whip or duckie on these frequencies is about as efficient as a wet noodle.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
DX

Keep in mind that channels 16, 36 through 40 use a type of modulation that scanners can't handle - if it sounds like Donald Duck on a bad day, you're hearing Single Side Band.

And unless you have a decent outdoor antenna, chances are you're not going to hear much there anyway. A little telescopic whip or duckie on these frequencies is about as efficient as a wet noodle.

Mike

If its scanning and it works you probably have a nice band opening,time for some DX on 11meters or 10 meters.

lawman210

If its scanning and it works you probably have a nice band opening,time for some DX on 11meters or 10 meters.

Yeah I was really thinking of its use while mobile

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
MENU --> SET SCAN SELECTION --> SET NATIONWIDE SYSTEMS --> Citizen's Band.

lawman210

MENU --> SET SCAN SELECTION --> SET NATIONWIDE SYSTEMS --> Citizen's Band.

Ok I was able select nationwide systems but I had to turn on Nationwide database. Isn't it possible to just set the CB up as a favorite and have full database off? I was able to do that with the weather channels

phask

Premium Subscriber
Select than CB under Nationwide and right click - append to favorite - make a new fl .

No different than anything else in the DB going into a FL.

You can almost do it without taking a finger off the mouse - except to name the new favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.