Citizens Energy going P25 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
OK, Citizens Energy which is the City of Indianapolis's Utilities company, is replacing its old analog EDACS with a new 800 MHz P25 Phase II system. The current lic is being modified, and a NEW lic applied for with multiple repeaters in the county.

This makes me wonder, is IDPS going to upgrade to Phase II in the near future also?

W9NES

We could hear Citizens water division on the new system along with the gas division. Current talkgroups for the water division are on MECA system 2.

INDY72

Yes, but they are now going to build their OWN P25 system. The tg's on the IDPSC system will be backups once the new system is built. Indy is about to do a P25 version of the Memphis/Shelby County set up. It will be primarily a Phase I system but will be fully Phase II compliant. I will post details once the FCC application is approved, and the modifications to the current lic are approved.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
OK, Citizens Energy which is the City of Indianapolis's Utilities company, is replacing its old analog EDACS with a new 800 MHz P25 Phase II system. The current lic is being modified, and a NEW lic applied for with multiple repeaters in the county.

This makes me wonder, is IDPS going to upgrade to Phase II in the near future also?

That figures, knew someone in the area would "force" me into one of the new uniden scanners. :)

Also, isn't it kind of unusual for a non-government entity to be going with it's own p25 (phase1 or 2) system? It seems they typically go with Trbo or NXDN. I'm not familiar with the utilities up in Indy, so maybe they are more government than not, just figured they were private.

Jeff.

INDY72

LICENSES Approved

OK, in the latest round of approvals, the FCC gave the go ahead to Citizen's Energy Group for the new P25 LIC, and the P25 Upgrade to the EDACS LIC. SO the system will be growing into an multisite P25 in the near future. I will monitor and let you guys know when p25 CC is found, and will run Pro96Com on it for details...

SCPD

QRT
This system will be a part off the MECA IDPSC system they will use some of there old and new frequencies and merge them with SYS 2 government system and use the system 2 CC this will be the same set up as IPL is doing now and sharing towers. So be looking for new TG to show up on system 2 IDPSC MECA

INDY72

This should give us a lot better coverage on System II, as they are building several new sites, as well as switching the old single site EDACS over.

Status
Not open for further replies.