Citizen's Energy P25 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Have now confirmed low power P25 CC on 859.3375. No SysID or Tower ID's yet, but the CC was on last night, and today for a while. Next time I catch it I will run Pro96Com on it to see what it shows.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Citizens will be like IPL.. Both will have thier own systems, as well as the additional linking with IDPS System II. You can still set up IPL as an seperate system in a scanner using the freqs lice'd to them and use thier own CC. Citizens will be the same way. To monitor only Citizens traffic, you only program the Citizens system. For the combined traffic, use IDPS System II. The Citizens system should have an full power CC up within a month, and then I can get you guys an SYSID etc for just them. If they use the Citizens towers to roll IDPS on, then that will also help with monitoring IDPS II.... As I have stated before, I live less than an mile from the MLK site. That was close enough to overide any adverse effects the EDACS simulcast had, and will be close enough to make the LSM effects pretty much non existent when the P25 is fully operational. The only parts I won't be able to monitor with my 96 is if they use TDMA at all.. The emissions show FDMA, and that new P25 cover all designator that we still are not sure means TDMA or not. Also the 2015 lic is an STA for the transition to P25. Once it is complete, they will mod it to permanent.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
This is what you need to do to hear them set up a all new P25 system
852.1125 CC SYS 2 MECA IDPS
Then you will see the TG show up or look at 852.1125 CC Info you will see the Freqs listed here show up on the SYS2 CC Data
NO NEW SYSTEM THEY ARE ON MECA SYS 2 GOV

One TG on there for them 20303

sorry wrote down wrong TG that's bus service will list the other TG when I get them or if some one wants to log them and post them.

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
They have been using the IDPS alone for a little while now as they shut off the EDACS in order to transition the system. They are going to operate just as IPL did. The IPL system is still an system to itself, as well as being tied to the IDPS. This has been verified by several of us. Citizens will be the same way. To hear only IPL, you can just set up it as an system using the freqs on the IPL Licenses. To hear them as well as everyone else on the DPW side, use the IDPS. And as for the bleedover comment... SAFE-T has not begun using an P25 9600 BPS CC. SAFE-T is still an 3600 BPS System. The CC I am receiving on my PRO-96 is an 9600 BPS CC, decoding up to 18 %, which is very low. The same as is usual for newly onlined P25 systems. You get an test tone, then low power CC, then full power CC. This you will see for yourself once the Hamco system is being onlined. I expect range testing for the transitioned sites to begin by October assuming nothing goes wrong. Oh and for IDPS System II, I get 30 to 50 % decode unless I am near one of the sites due to that lovely LSM issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
Yes both have there own incase SYS 2 goes down but they will be on SYS2 from now on.
By the way they don't have to use a low power CC to test on. MECA went online full power and tested that way and so will Hamilton County
Well have fun waiting on your new CC and system while the rest of us will be hearing them on SYS 2 from now on have a good day

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Th CC on low power is being used to test the sites. On IDPS System 2 it shows as an data chan. Once the full work is done, the CC will change to full power for the fall back system. At that point I can get the SYSID etc for the fall back. It may not get much use, but it will be good to have the data in my notes for when and if it does get use. Am thinking that it would have actually been better if they had added the other freqs for IDPS to the Citizens sites and added them to the simulcast. This would have improved coverage hugely. Instead the Citizens sites are just being an fall back possibly also for use in poor coverage areas that IDPS system 2 has. Actually the best option would have been to put the full system 1 and system 2 sites together on all towers. including the new additions of the Citizens sites... Especially seeing as the Citizen's primary site adds an much bigger footprint in the Southern Marion County areas, and the MLK site would fill in the gap in NW beautifully. Anway cheers and I love digging into systems like this and gathering data on how it is working in the real world, not just how it is supposed to look on DHS papers lol. Just like I will love seeing how the Hamco P25 pops out compared to the old EDACS there, and am so ready to start logging the SAFE-T transition. And if things work right by Christmas, I can dig into the Eli Lilly MotoTRBO, and the new upgrades to TRBO of the local LTR's.

SCPD

QRT
After several phone calls today checking into this 859.3375 is NOT a CC it is a Data Telemetry Channel a scanner will pick it up and see it is a Motorola System and a data channel example a 996T will show it some times as a LT data channel but it is not. All CC will be on IDPS System 2 and Citizens Energy will be on ALL IDPS towers including there own. Hope this clears up any confusion. Don’t mean to be a jerk just passing on info. I would encourage all to listen to the new TG and log them and submit them to the RR DB

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
After talking to one of my friends with Motorola, that freq is being used as an link for the systems during the transition of Citizens Site South. Then it alternates with the others as data/telemetry linking. They hope to get the microwave linking up at MLK soon, and then as he puts it... "The fun starts."

Status
Not open for further replies.