City not included in Uniden BCD536HP Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1RIN

Greetings,

I returning to scanner use after a 10 year hiatus, having retired from a lifetime of service in my local fire department.
A lot has changed. I just purchased a Uniden BCD536HP and have it up and running monitoring my local emergency services. I also want to monitor the emergency services in neighboring Manchester, Connecticut, but none of those services appear in the database. I use Sentinel to create favorites to monitor.

Radio frequency information for the city of Manchester, Connecticut appears in the RadioReference.com database. Being new at this scanner technology, I'm reluctant to try my hand at manual programming if the information already exists and I'm just not looking in the right place for it.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Scott

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

I returning to scanner use after a 10 year hiatus, having retired from a lifetime of service in my local fire department.
A lot has changed. I just purchased a Uniden BCD536HP and have it up and running monitoring my local emergency services. I also want to monitor the emergency services in neighboring Manchester, Connecticut, but none of those services appear in the database. I use Sentinel to create favorites to monitor.

Radio frequency information for the city of Manchester, Connecticut appears in the RadioReference.com database. Being new at this scanner technology, I'm reluctant to try my hand at manual programming if the information already exists and I'm just not looking in the right place for it.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott

Welcome to RadioReference.

Manchester is in the Sentinel database. At the main database, upper left corner, click on US to expand the list of states.
Now, click on Connecticut, to expand the state entrees.
Then, click on the county, Hartford, to expand it.

Click on the folder labeled as "County Systems"
Among the other entries, you'll see one labeled as simply "Hartford". That's where the conventional frequencies in your county are placed.
Click on the 'Hartford' and you'll see the same categories you do on the database page here on RadioReference, the various cities among them.

I would suggest, that before you start appending that to a Favorites list, that you update the database (if you have not done it yet this week). Database updates for Sentinel are provided on a weekly basis, normally on Mondays, based on what was entered as of the previous day.

Once you do that, then <Right><click> on Hartford, or the individual city to append it to your list.

Be sure that your range setting is set where Manchester will be enabled if you are using your location to scan). If not using location control on that Favorites list, then range does not come into play.

N1RIN

Thanks, that did the trick!
I do have a question regarding updating the database. Say six months from now one of departments I monitor in my favorites list does make a change. When I download the update, will that information in my favorites be automatically updated or will I have to append to favorites to bring in the most current information?

Thanks,
Scott

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You'll have to append the new/updated information to a Favorites List. The only thing an update affects is the full database. No Favorites Lists are changed as a result of a database update.

The prevailing wisdom is that users may have spent a good time of time "polishing up" Favorites Lists with specific settings, etc. They'd prefer this work not be wiped out due to an update.

Unless there is a massive amount of new information, I tend to copy and paste or key-enter any "one-sy or two-sy" changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.