City of Bridgeport P25 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1JHU

Fire has been doing a lot of in-building coverage testing.

At this point it sounds like:
11527 - Fire Ch 2
11528 - Fire Ch 3
11529 - Fire Ch 4 or Fireground 4

11510 has shown encryption - probably PD

An update to this

11501 & 11502 have activity consistent with activity on the current PD channels 1 & 2. No ID's are showing up in UniTrunker, so I think they are just console patched right now. Just guessing since it's all encrypted, but both TG's are very busy.

11526 - Fire Ch 1, which I assume will be primary dispatch/ops
11530 - Fire Tac 5 - they were doing some testing from the fire boat on this today.

APX7500X2

I have been listening for a week or so when I get to Bridgeport and have found the overlap on the 2 sites (only 2 mi apart) is massive a 325P2 & a 996P2 are almost un-useable if your down town, If you get north above Saint Vincent's hospital the scanners become more usable the futher north you go but the signal drops off very fast as you go up RT8 towards the valley. I hope at least FD Dispatch is carried on the G system all the time like Stamford is...We will see soon

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
I see that they added a TGID to the CLMRN for Bridgeport. Is Bridgeport offically on the state system? Or did they build their own system.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Yes...
They have their own system except they are using the State Core (essentially the computer that controls it all). This saves money and allows Bridgeport system redundancy they would not have had by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.