CITY OF DALLAS TRS - TG:4112

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyH777

Premium Subscriber
Been recording this TG id # while I am at work, discovered it during a discovery search one day. Most of the coms sound like convention center operations.
To me it sounds like security. Lots of "Can you unlock this or that?" and other subjects. Anyone have any insight into this?

Dusty H.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Which system are you hearing this on?

The old ‘local government’ or the ‘Dallas Simulcast’ portion of the Dallas P25/NCTCOG?
I last ran a session on the latter about ten days ago, but it did not show up. Maybe they are beginning the move to the new system on a limited basis

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Not P25/NCTOCOG, the old system.
Hmm

There's no other talkgroups on the old system anywhere close to 4112. Maybe it's a new radio, set up to still be able the old system until the switch, and the TGID that will be used on the new system might be 4112 once the changeover is done.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Just saw something interesting. I left Unitrunker running on the P25/NCTCOG site for the last 24 hours or so, just noticed the Encrypted talkgroup 1075 is primarily used by Radio IDs in the 50m range. Scrolled back though the log and saw Encrypted Talkgoup 1074 is the same. This would indicate TxDPS is using this system. The Talkgroup "Target Label" is mine, just used as a place holder for now.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    116.7 KB · Views: 22

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just saw something interesting. I left Unitrunker running on the P25/NCTCOG site for the last 24 hours or so, just noticed the Encrypted talkgroup 1075 is primarily used by Radio IDs in the 50m range. Scrolled back though the log and saw Encrypted Talkgoup 1074 is the same. This would indicate TxDPS is using this system. The Talkgroup "Target Label" is mine, just used as a place holder for now.
I wonder if that might not be the criminal investigations part of the DPS? It's been quite a while since I've heard activity on 155.505.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if that might not be the criminal investigations part of the DPS? It's been quite a while since I've heard activity on 155.505.
Not likely, I understand testing is going on but nothing more.

This would indicate TxDPS is using this system.
DPS definitely use the system although it's in a very limited capacity, 3 talkgroups total if you believe that. More possibly being added.

Could it be an interops channel between DPS and Dallas PD?
No, they use the 60029 TG for that but I haven't heard anything on it in a while.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Not likely, I understand testing is going on but nothing more.

DPS definitely use the system although it's in a very limited capacity, 3 talkgroups total if you believe that. More possibly being added.

No, they use the 60029 TG for that but I haven't heard anything on it in a while.
I would also note that generally, when you hear one of the DPS units on the tollways, or most anything else, you're usually receiving those transmissions via the Dallas NCTCOG site, not the Dallas P25 site which would be the basis for the eventual system changeover.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I would also note that generally, when you hear one of the DPS units on the tollways, or most anything else, you're usually receiving those transmissions via the Dallas NCTCOG site, not the Dallas P25 site which would be the basis for the eventual system changeover.
^^^^ This too! I've also heard about the possibility of temporarily activating the Dallas P25 site with a DPS talkgroup for some additional coverage in atleast 1 key spot but nothing further on that in a long time so not sure if that'll ever happen.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
^^^^ This too! I've also heard about the possibility of temporarily activating the Dallas P25 site with a DPS talkgroup for some additional coverage in atleast 1 key spot but nothing further on that in a long time so not sure if that'll ever happen.
I have no doubt that at some point, DPS will get access to the Dallas P25 system. The DPS Dispatch office in Mineral Wells has available talkgroups on FWRRS, the Denton P25 system, as well as the Parker County P25 system. I also would not be surprised if there’s a TGID slot provided for DPS once Granbury’s new system is up and running.

DPS Tyler has assigned talkgroups on TxWARN, and I hear them occasionally when one of the units gets far enough west to affiliate with the Kaufman site for TxWARN.

DustyH777

Premium Subscriber
After running 2 scanners and locking out this TG on one of them, its simulcasting convention center security channel 4.....TG 9440

Mystery solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.