City of Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey1213

So the City of Dallas Police shows as talk group 400 on the Paulding County DMR system, I have not heard a dispatch on that talk group in several weeks. Does anyone know if they have switch to a new system?

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
You could ask a cop or see if their portables have changed. It's possible they encrypted it.

Bailey1213

No, I dont think it is an encryption issue, that would still show on the SDS 100 and SDS 200 scanners I have. I also have a P25RX that would show an encrypted transmission on TG400 but I get nothing. I left the SDS200 on record for TG400 for two weeks and nothing. Further investigation is needed, I will see if I can get anything on the close call feature of units going in service at shift change.

DarkEnder47

No, I dont think it is an encryption issue, that would still show on the SDS 100 and SDS 200 scanners I have. I also have a P25RX that would show an encrypted transmission on TG400 but I get nothing. I left the SDS200 on record for TG400 for two weeks and nothing. Further investigation is needed, I will see if I can get anything on the close call feature of units going in service at shift change.
Maybe they are possibly being dispatched on PCSO DISP 1? I live in Polk County and hear a lot of activity on that talk group. I’m 99% sure Hiram uses that talk group also… Not completely sure though.

Bailey1213

This from the Paulding County 911 Communications Center:
OUR MISSION
Paulding County E-911 Center operates 24 hours a day seven days a week and is responsible for answering all 911 calls for the citizens of Paulding County, Georgia. Communications Center personnel dispatch Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services for unincorporated Paulding County and the city of Hiram, and Fire and Emergency Medical Service for the City of Dallas. Dallas Law Enforcement calls are transferred to Dallas PD Dispatch. The citizens of Paulding County are provided quick access to emergency services by a team of highly trained and dedicated personnel.

DarkEnder47

This from the Paulding County 911 Communications Center:
OUR MISSION
Paulding County E-911 Center operates 24 hours a day seven days a week and is responsible for answering all 911 calls for the citizens of Paulding County, Georgia. Communications Center personnel dispatch Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services for unincorporated Paulding County and the city of Hiram, and Fire and Emergency Medical Service for the City of Dallas. Dallas Law Enforcement calls are transferred to Dallas PD Dispatch. The citizens of Paulding County are provided quick access to emergency services by a team of highly trained and dedicated personnel.
I'm Checking the FCC Database And I see multiple licenses for The City of Dallas, one that states " YE - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked" " RADIOS WILL BE USED BY THE CITY TO PROVIDE COMMUNICATIONS FOR COORDINATING MUNICIPAL SERVICE ACTIVITIES SUCH AS POLICE, FIRE AND PUBLIC SAFETY"
I'm going to program these frequencies and see If I can hear anything.

DarkEnder47

I programmed those a few hours ago, I see a P25 control channel pop up but no audio as of yet
As I am researching online, you can obviously tell that Dallas PD has a separate Dispatch, instead of using Paulding E-911. I was looking through DPD's Facebook page to try and find something, According to a post, they said in 2020 they "began researching providing a higher level of emergency response and is seeking to become a primary 911 center". I'm quite surprised that they are not intergraded with Paulding County E-911, but I'm also surprised that Paulding is still using a MotoTRBO system. I will continue searching.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Can confirm TG400 has disappeared. Have redone the LCN's. Dallas 2 took all night to get the LCN's, still rarely used. Have tried the other Dallas freqs listed on P25, no hits. I will try phase 2 later today. Not even hearing anything on close call, and I am 2 miles south of Dallas with outdoor antennas. They have virtually disappeared. Will also look at the Cobb regional system as well. Either they signed up with Cobb or went to a cell based system. Would never have thought that the city would have more money than the county for radio equipment. If I find anything I will post back. SDS 200 and 100 here.

DarkEnder47

Can confirm TG400 has disappeared. Have redone the LCN's. Dallas 2 took all night to get the LCN's, still rarely used. Have tried the other Dallas freqs listed on P25, no hits. I will try phase 2 later today. Not even hearing anything on close call, and I am 2 miles south of Dallas with outdoor antennas. They have virtually disappeared. Will also look at the Cobb regional system as well. Either they signed up with Cobb or went to a cell based system. Would never have thought that the city would have more money than the county for radio equipment. If I find anything I will post back. SDS 200 and 100 here.
Thanks for the help, I have tried scanning every frequency licensed to City of Dallas, haven’t heard anything at all. Seems as Paulding is not that worried about interoperability. I’m pretty sure they are one of the last MOTOTRBO systems in use in the area too.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Would you mind passing the corrected LCN's along?

ajungers86

Premium Subscriber
Would be interested to see if you guys found anything out. I’m in Dallas, actually on main street right now, but can’t get a single thing on close call with heavy radio use right around me. Strange.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Well if they are enc, a Uniden wouldn't let you know, as it quickly scans past it, sometimes so quick it doesn't show up on the screen.

A TRX unit would give you the garbled noise or a tone, if ENC.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
While "FirstNet" may be fine for their local uses, it has not grown to the extent to where it is suitable for any real distance, nor is coverage adequate for most places.

But hey, maybe it works for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.