City of Denton P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
A Denton Fire feed would be great. But a Denton Police feed will likely lead to encryption. Would like to see less cities police being streamed so they can quit encrypting and claiming "officer safety".
Agreed. I wish we had a lobbyist for anti encryption, but politicians know nothing about radio

mikeb

Here is a great example of what happened when someone broadcasted Lexington Public safety, of course, the argument was "employee safety".
I grew up in Irving,TX they were UHF forever when they went P25 All Talk groups were open. And of course then someone is posting nearly every call on FB in real time. Guess what All PD is now encrypted.

billpritjr

Gents, I have this loaded into my Unication G4. I hear Denton SO fine, but crickets (nothing) on the PD channels. Are they active yet or still in testing mode. Thank you

N5LS

If you are listening on a county site then you will not hear Denton PD unless they roam.
Hi everyone,
I'm a relatively new user. Just got a SDS200, and was excited to listen to Denton County and Denton City P25 II.
I can hear Lewisville, Highland Village, Denton County Sherriff, etc.
But I cannot hear Denton City PD or FD.
RR suggests the City agencies have moved to the County P25 II System.
But Sentinel Software seems to think that the City system is still the OLD system.
Do I need to get Proscan to import the RR data into my scanner?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,
I'm a relatively new user. Just got a SDS200, and was excited to listen to Denton County and Denton City P25 II.
I can hear Lewisville, Highland Village, Denton County Sherriff, etc.
But I cannot hear Denton City PD or FD.
RR suggests the City agencies have moved to the County P25 II System.
But Sentinel Software seems to think that the City system is still the OLD system.
Do I need to get Proscan to import the RR data into my scanner?
It sounds like you have not updated the database. If you did not update, then the information you are working with is well out of date. Look down at the lower left hand corner of the screen with Sentinel running. You should see the date of last update. You can see what's in the scanner itself by using the Menu.
Press the Menu key.
Scroll down & select Manage Full Database
On the next screen, select Information.
You'll see the date for the database in the scanner.

Update the DB in Sentinel, then write that to the scanner. If you are using a Favorites list, rather than location & range, update that list as well, before writing both the list as well as data update to the scanner.

Looking at the systems listed for Denton County as they are in the current database, the old Denton City system has been removed. The only system you need is the Denton P25 system.
1605836879720.png

Update the Sentinel database by either selecting Update Master Database from the drop down Update menu.
Or, click the icon for that, under the position of the Tools menu button.

1605837141132.png

Are you using a Favorites list that you created? Or just location & range, using the main database. If using Location, range, & the main database, you should be able to get Denton (city) presuming your range setting overlaps their coverage area.

If using a Favorites list, whether created by appending from the main database to a Favorites list or by creating it via ProScan, be sure that you include both the 'departments' for Denton (city) as well as the Denton City site.

N5LS

Thanks so much, Hiegtx !
Turns out, Scanner Master programmed my SDS200 with the OLD Denton City Trunking System.
I erased their programming, updated the database , and erased the old Favorites Lists, and VOILA!
Thanks again so much !

Larry

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much, Hiegtx !
Turns out, Scanner Master programmed my SDS200 with the OLD Denton City Trunking System.
I erased their programming, updated the database , and erased the old Favorites Lists, and VOILA!
Thanks again so much !

Larry
Glad you got it working.

About a year & a half ago, I was talking to a local business that had a scanner programmed by ScannerMaster. They were wondering why they were not hearing Garland. Well, their scanner was programmed using the old, analog, Motorola trunked systems for Garland & Mesquite, instead of the one in use now, GMRS. It's better to either program it yourself, or at least contact someone more familiar with the area than a dealer a thousand miles (or more) from you.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I was able to receive the Denton (County) Simulcast site down here in Joshua early this morning really well and noticed several talkgroups were not strapped with Phase II, or at least full time. However, the database shows that almost all talkgroups on the systems are TDMA and not FDMA. I am not sure if this is a recent change or has been the case for a while since I am not normally in range to receive this system.

I noticed this mostly on the Denton County Dispatch talkgroup and some of the fire and EMS talkgroups as well as one or two law talkgroups. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

billpritjr

Denton County has been TDMA (I believe all TG's) since ??? 2015 ish. What were you using to hear them all the way in Joshua, TX. This is a notoriously hard system to monitor with scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.