City of Emporia

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I have. They're encrypted. Mecklenburg Co. Sheriff also appears to be encrypted on DMR.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

reconrider8

Yip I ran it a year or 2 back with dsd and it was full time encrypted. Seems as if their public works run on the same channel and that's also full time encrypted also

CVASSB

Are there any other NXDN law enforcement frequencies in Virginia? I'd like to hear them. Thank you Allen for the information. 73s

Last edited:

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Alleghany and Covington did it a few years back but its such a crappy thing they completely abandoned it. Never worked right and when it did sorta work everyone hated it. Bath still uses it occasionally when sensitive stuff crops up but they basically dropped it too otherwise. About the only time it gets used anymore is if they switch to the wrong channel and key up since its still in their radios.

They get promptly told to get off digital though. LOL

Then again its Kenwood which explains it. Now they're talking about going P25 but not wanting to spend the money to do it right. Figures.....

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
There's some out around Bluefield, but I think most of it's encrypted. In fact, I think a local fire or rescue member was prosecuted several years ago for having the sheriff's encryption key installed in an ambulance radio.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.