City of Germantown P25 testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
City of Germantown is testing it's new P25, conventional 800MHz system. It's a 6 freq. system set up on conventional P25 repeaters.

Frequencies are:

852.0500 - (appears low power)
852.2125 - Gtown PD Ch 1 (Primary)
852.9375 - Gtown PD Ch 3 (Secondary/Car 2 Car)
853.4125 - Gtown Fire Primary
853.6625 - Gtown Fire Fireground
853.9125 - unknown

Again, these channel assignments are just from monitoring channel names that techs are using, none of this is confirmed.

Repeater are using a NAC of 293.

From listening to techs, it also seems they may be using XTS2500 handhelds, again, not confirmed.

Gatorman

It appears that Gtown Fire Primary is now active. Been listening today and hearing activity. P25 signal is clearer yesterday when it sounded like a had a patch possibly.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
They are patching through Memphis Fire, I'm assuming for audio level testing. They did have Gtown PD patched through for a little while. The audio quality is terrible though.

RadioCopFFFR

Still a lot of testing today. I heard them Motorola Technicians and members of the fire dept testing in several of the schools and chruches. I heard one of the techs make the comment about having completed about 45 of the 50 buildings they were going to conduct coverage checks. This was around five thirty or six pm this evening. One of the other techs said they would pick up the rest tomorrow.

adfischer

The new Germantown system is a conventional P-25 simulcast system with 2 tower locations - one on the east side and one on the west side of town. The system will serve both police and fire. Look for it to go live next week.

I am responsible for the system and will be happy to answer any questions you have about the system the best I can.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
The new Germantown system is a conventional P-25 simulcast system with 2 tower locations - one on the east side and one on the west side of town. The system will serve both police and fire. Look for it to go live next week.

I am responsible for the system and will be happy to answer any questions you have about the system the best I can.

Would you be able to confirm the frequency assignments (i.e. GPD Dispatch, GFD Dispatch etc.) to what's in the database here? Everything in the database is based off of listening and nothing is confirmed. Also, what type of radios are you guys going with? Mobiles and portables?

Thanks.

Also, PM sent.

adfischer

The radios are Motorola XTS2000 and XTL2500. There are also some APX7000 radios. Your frequency observations are pretty accurate except there is no 'trailer repeater' at this time.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Sorry about that, when its listed as a Temporary Repeater, thats usually a trailer towed type, or as some call them, Site On Wheels, or Mobile Site. So if its not a SOW, what kind of Temporary Repeater is it? Mobile Command Unit? (FB2T per FCC Lic, FB2T=Temporary Repeater)
Just trying to keep the data as accurate as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

adfischer

The frequency will eventually used for a tactical repeater however it has not been specd or purchased yet. It will likely be part of a mobile communications vehicle but that is yet to be determined for certain. It will be low power and used on an as needed basis.

Gatorman

Good Sigs In East Memphis

Caught them in normal operation last night for a few minutes. Good, strong signals on hand-held radio, stationary, in East Memphis, Poplar/Perkins area.

Good work guys.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Confirmation of analog freqs

OK I would love any official info on the status of the old analog freqs. Are they completely turned off and removed from service yet, or still being held onto for backup purposes?

tafische

Feed Provider
The VHF Fire Primary frequency is multicast with the new system. No multicast with PD. I believe some of the other frequencies will eventually be re-purposed but they have not been given up yet to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.