City of Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
XL200 is also p25 phase 2 capable, though not approved on the state system yet, it is anticipated they will be, so maybe they bought those with plans to upgrade in the future

The MTA Police has been using Harris XL-200 radios on CLMRN, along with the APX8000. The XL-200 radios were approved for use on CLMRN prior to the MTA evaluating them in 2019.

scanner404

Feed Provider
I'm having some difficulty picking up the Hartford FD dispatch on the new CLRM system, I got one bar, where I had almost all bars on the analog signal. I sure hope they decide to simulcast still on the 154.310 freq. Anyone know where their CLRM tower is located so I can adjust my antenna better?

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
Only dispatch is on CLMRN, the incident channels are on P25 conventional channels from the top of The Hartford. CLMRN Site 28, Troop H simulcast, is at BDL, Talcott Mtn, Bloomfield PD, Bristol, and Rocky Hill. And soon to be the Bloomfield/Tariffville (Simsbury) line on Talcott

awasser1

Premium Subscriber

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Only dispatch is on CLMRN, the incident channels are on P25 conventional channels from the top of The Hartford. CLMRN Site 28, Troop H simulcast, is at BDL, Talcott Mtn, Bloomfield PD, Bristol, and Rocky Hill. And soon to be the Bloomfield/Tariffville (Simsbury) line on Talcott

I haven't heard any incident channels since the change over and I didnt make any changes to that scanner. Ill have to listen more closely to verify I still receive them. But i could have 4 scanners going at once I can miss hearing things

cg

Premium Subscriber
They are confirmed as active. I have seen 1, 2, & 3

Hartford Site is 505 Hudson St, it is a State property

chris

WA1QWH

It is a mix of CLMRN & Conventional P25 right now. I don't know if the 700MHz stuff is in service as I can't hear those channels from home.
HFD Dispatch CLMRN (State system) TGID 16410
HFD Incident 1 851.6750 NAC 121 (reconfirmed 4/28)
HFD Incident 2 853.1375 NAC 122 (reconfirmed 4/27)
HFD Incident 3 853.7000 NAC 123
HFD Incident 4 854.5625 NAC 124 (reconfirmed 4/28)
HFD Incident 5 855.0125 NAC 125

Logged on Troop H (28), Troop L (31), & Hartford (41).
OK, dumb question. I assume I need to create a fav list with 2 different departments. One for the CLMRN and a second for the P25 conventional? Do I set it up as "conventional", P25 standard or P25 single frequency?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Two different Systems, but they can both be in the same Favorites list.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Depends on the radio and if you want to be able to assign aliases to the radio IDs. The P25 talkgroup on all the HFD conventional channels is 1 so nothing special is needed

garys

Premium Subscriber
I originally set up the NHSP that way as they are P25 conventional on VHF. The way it has to be done in order to see RIDs is to set each frequency up as a single frequency trunk system. I wasn't all that interested in seeing the RID info and I found it a very unwieldy way to set up the scanner, so I just went back to programming them as conventional frequencies.

That's one area where the GRE/Whistler scanners are superior to the Unidens. The OOS/list format is more flexible than the DMA format that Uniden uses. I really liked that in the few OOS scanners I've had.

yup, got that. Still wondering how to setup a conventional P25 with multiple frequencies.

scanner404

Feed Provider
Yeah, tried many different things and still can't get them to come in at all, they even sound broken up on the online scanner feed. It'd be nice if they did an analog simulcast still, but considering the point of Project 25 is to reduce radio frequency use, I doubt that will ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.