City of Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would imagine they will be P25 trunked on the state core with their own Cell but that is just a guess.
The city is not very transparent with purchasing decisions being public so finding information isn't as easy as other cities might be. If you read the minutes of the City Council meetings, it appears that they are simply rubber stamping things that are already decided. The bid portal allows you to see titles of the bids but not what they are looking for.
Keep in mind that the State of CT has a standing contract for all sorts of radio equipment and municipalities can purchase off of that and meet most if not all of their requirements for bidding.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, tried many different things and still can't get them to come in at all, they even sound broken up on the online scanner feed. It'd be nice if they did an analog simulcast still, but considering the point of Project 25 is to reduce radio frequency use, I doubt that will ever happen.
I heard it with my bcd325p2 the other day.

MFCJR

I think that was New Britain's choice. It repeats the 700 low band.

Tom_G

I know EDAC's is way over "End of Life" but I always liked it as a trunking system.
Back in the day when Hartford was running the old GE MPA radios there was nothing like that superior audio.
They we so loud and clear. Those radios we bulletproof bricks. Nothing like it...
I'll be listening for the new talkgroup. Thanks,

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
not sure who told you they've been approved but per CTS within the last couple of months, they are still going through approval.

Well, other than the MTA Police have used them on the CLMRN system ... and DEMHS says they're approved for use on CLMRN ... sure ...

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I know EDAC's is way over "End of Life" but I always liked it as a trunking system.
Back in the day when Hartford was running the old GE MPA radios there was nothing like that superior audio.
They we so loud and clear. Those radios we bulletproof bricks. Nothing like it...
I'll be listening for the new talkgroup. Thanks,

Other than the frequency in which units could not hear each other in Hartford, and dispatch could not hear portables., yes, it was so reliable with superior audio.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
No. I hear you. I am sure the MTA Police are illegally using the XL-200 radios on the network. That seems entirely plausible.
I can't speak on whatever kind of deal they worked out or their reasoning. But I do know that on a conference call with CTS we were specifically told that harris radios were not fully vetted for use on the system yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.