City of Isleton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac916

From SacSheriff.com

On Saturday, September 1, 2012, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department will begin providing contractual law enforcement services to the City of Isleton.
The scope of the law enforcement services shall be provided at a level commensurate with those services being provided to the unincorporated areas within Sacramento County.

Deputies will not be solely dedicated to the City, and their presence within City
limits will approximately equal time currently provided to those areas within the South Bureau as a whole.

In addition, the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department Communications Bureau shall assume all dispatch responsibilities for both emergency and non-emergency requests for service.

This contractual agreement between the City of Isleton and Sacramento County for law enforcement services shall be in effect from September 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013.
Lieutenant R.L. Davis,
Sheriff's Spokesman

Sheriff's Media Release

RobVallejo

I think I remember reading that Isleton FD was dispatched by Solano County, though it lies in Sacramento County. I wonder if that will change too.

Sac916

I think I remember reading that Isleton FD was dispatched by Solano County, though it lies in Sacramento County. I wonder if that will change too.

That is correct. Solano County ( Sheriff / Fire Comm Center ) will continue to handle fire/medical services.

I have heard of no plans to change that - I doubt it will.

LowBat

Premium Subscriber
Only a 10 month contract? Maybe the city is seeing how well the sheriff provides service before making a longer commitment.

kma371

QRT
10 months would be to the end of the current fiscal year :)

Maybe they will have money by then.

Markinsac

The Sheriff's Department is handling calls as part of the area, not a specific TG.

The City of Isleton is considering dissolving its incorporation - as such, they would then become a regular part of the county mechanism as a non-incorporated area.

Status
Not open for further replies.