City of Kings Mountain TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The city of Kings Mountain, located Cleveland County, has filed a license application with the FCC, to construct a UHF band digital TRS. The new system will either be a MOTOTRBO or Nexedge system. More can be found at the FCC Web site:

License application

73s

Ron

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Didn't Kings Mountain have a VHF LTR system at one time?

I sure hope Uniden will start adding this format to their scanners. Seems like these Nexedge and MOTOTRBO systems are starting to pop up everywhere.

trumpetman

Database Admin
I've never logged traffic on their VHF LTR system, not even idle bursts (that doesn't mean it's not there though).

It's a shame they're not going P25 800 like everyone else around them is doing (VIPER, Char-Meck, Cleveland County, York County). I mean hell, one of the simulcast towers for the Cleveland County system is IN King's Mountain, they've got all the coverage they need. It may seem to be more cost effective, but I imagine building out a full blown system would cost about the same as purchasing subscriber equipment only for use on the Cleveland County system.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I never understood why they didn't get on the P25 system anyway. If it was a cost issue in the beginning, why build a completely different system now? At least on the county system you can talk to everyone else. I don't get it.

ts548

I've never logged traffic on their VHF LTR system, not even idle bursts (that doesn't mean it's not there though).

It's a shame they're not going P25 800 like everyone else around them is doing (VIPER, Char-Meck, Cleveland County, York County). I mean hell, one of the simulcast towers for the Cleveland County system is IN King's Mountain, they've got all the coverage they need. It may seem to be more cost effective, but I imagine building out a full blown system would cost about the same as purchasing subscriber equipment only for use on the Cleveland County system.

Compared to a P25 system the TRBO system will come in a ton cheaper, give them more talk paths per freqency and even built in encryption.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Well let's hope they keep cooperating like they're doing or they've got some gateways setup. The VHF/800 issue hasn't really come up with them yet...I hope that doesn't change with the transition to a new band and protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.