city of kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_pablo

. Authorize award and execution of a Purchase Order to LOWER COLORADO
RIVER AUTHORITY (LCRA) in an amount not to exceed $218,463.84 to replace
and install new software, hardware, and associated equipment including dispatch
station consoles, handheld radios, batteries, and chargers in order to upgrade the
Police Department's entire radio system to OpenSky 900 MHz Digital system.
(Funding to be provided from the issuance of planned 2014 Tax Notes) ~ Jeff
Barnett, Chief of Police

Looks like the Police Department is going open sky, they have a request in for approval

NC5267

I had read LCRA is moving all public safety to the LCRA P25 system. New Braunfels, Kendall County, Boerne PD and all of the towns around the Randolph Area are on the P25 system now. It would seem that if Hays and San Marcos were going to the Open Sky that is news to me and make interop with surrounding agencies difficult. The Open Sky from what I heard is being used for LCRA Public Works type of ops when they make the switch.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
It would seem that if Hays and San Marcos were going to the Open Sky that (would) make interop with surrounding agencies difficult.
Not necessarily. OpenSky and P25 Phase I trunking can coexist in the same radio. I just hope they don't mind the "Max Headroom effect" OpenSky has when coverage gets spotty.

NC5267

I know Harris radios can have mutipile system types in them, just seems strange they would go Open Sky when so far all other users of the 900 system have made the quick transition to P25 and Travis County also being P25. And there is already at least one P25 site up an running in Hays right now so I guess we will have to wait and see.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I also recall in an LCRA document, they specifically said the their OpenSky system would not be used for public safety. I wonder what changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.