City of Longmont

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodger

Premium Subscriber
Just wonder if Longmont is going APCO-25 digital on a Conventional system? I see that there emission are 20K0F1E on most of there licenses?

M

mpg0515

dodger said:
Just wonder if Longmont is going APCO-25 digital on a Conventional system? I see that there emission are 20K0F1E on most of there licenses?

Not anytime soon. They probably just licensed their freqs for digital future use. I would imagine someday that everyone in Colorado will be "digital" in some way. Boulder County agencies as well as Larimer are pretty much the only ones left that are trying to stay away from the push to the Colorado DTRS system. I would bet that you won't see them going digital anytime soon, even if it is on VHF.

RISC777

Off Topic - Arvada

So Arvada's going to move away from their UHF ?
(That would kind of stink to me since they're so easy to receive.)

M

mpg0515

RISC777 said:
(That would kind of stink to me since they're so easy to receive.)

Well like I said, someday, they will probably be digital (provoice, APCO-25 whatever). Digital will most likely become the standard with "everything" soon enough.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
RISC777 said:
Arvada Fire is in the process (albeit slowly) of moving to the Westy EDACS system.

Besides the MDC data from Weld county on 453.550 causes interference with AFD.

I am under the impression that Longmont is still looking at options with the "East Side" coverage issues.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.