City of Miami/ Miami Dade county....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker

I updated my GRE PSR 800 through whistler.....
My original 2 GB SD card was giving me issues with updates through EzScan, so I bought a new 8 GB SD card n it appears to have uploaded the updates library....
I'm trying to scan the City of Miami PD which I've read has moved to P25(?)
My scanner has been out of the game since GRE sold to Whistler because there were no firmware updates...
I had the City Of Miami PD set up beautifully, after another member sent me a copy of their file n I was able to copy it to my SD card, but not only is that file no longer any good.....it was on the currupt 2 GB SD card that I had to replace.....
Can any member that monitors these agencies give me some assistance?
Looks like technology is passing me by now in my old age......I can't seem to program like I used too...

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
City of Miami is not P25. They are still on their old analog system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
City of Miami is still receivable but most of Miami-Dade County Police is Encrypted now and can not be scanned.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Also incorrect. Miami-Dade County dispatch channels are in the clear with the exception of Miami Gardens and Miami Springs. Download "Site 102" on the P25 system and use the talkgroups starting at 10523 in the database.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I don't see 10523 on the Miami-Dade RR Site: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7073
What RR Page do you find this talkgroup? I do see where encryption is on most of their sites starting at 27061-30149. I have been listening to Miami-Dade County for a couple decades and this year they suddenly went quiet. I know Miami City is still in the clear as well a some other county entities around but for me it seems that Miami-Dade Police are encrypted. I have everything programmed in my scanner from the above RR Website and I get nothing anymore except for the entities I mentioned.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Sorry typo...15023 down are the dispatch channels. They are not using the encrypted ones below that for dispatch.

It doesn't matter what scanner you own. With all the RF in the county and simulcast issues you will not be able to to pick them free and clear. Yeah you may get a few words, but you won't be able to listen to the whole conversation. I have experimented with every digital scanner available on the market. You can drive around town, be in your home etc it won't work like how other departments are set up. The only way you'll be able to get them if you live in certain parts of Broward. Your best bet is to enter the Interop frequency only and monitor that. That's easily known and can be found. You'll have to do a little bit of searching for that frequency, as prefer not to post it.

Is it worth the trouble to hear scattered words, in my opinion no.

Now places like Broward, Sarasota Tampa etc.. There systems aren't that difficult. Why? I believe the RF interference is less than what they deal with in Wade County.

-Good luck and no further replies. Don't want to end up on their radar.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Up until earlier this year, I was able to receive enough Miami-Dade County transmissions to fill up 4 BCDx36HP Scanners (And then some if I had them) for the last 3 years. Now it's just certain areas that I mentioned previously. I have all the RR information entered and updated regularly like I have since the first x36 scanners became available but airwaves are very quiet compared to earlier this year. .

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Most scanners work terrible on the system. Your workaround is buying a Unication G4 or G5. They handle the linear simulcast modulation a lot better.

Tracker

Anyone monitoring the city of Miami police with their psr-800 that wouldn't mind sending me their file to copy to my memory card....?

That county is very hush hush on hobbyists posting things on a public forum. From my understanding, there techs monitor these forums. The moment something comes up, they'll investigate it. Then they'll make subtle changes that affects those on that area. There's 1 or 2 individuals that post things. Outside of them, I commend those that keep the information to themselves or just keep it out of public forums.

Remember Miami is a third world country, run completely opposite to that of the rest of the USA. If you are from Miami or have family down there, you'll understand the meaning and I don't need to expand on it.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The County can easily change to encryption anytime they want with the flip of the knob. There are numerous Car2Car and Tac channels that are strapped to encryption in the subscribers already.

Tracker

That county is very hush hush on hobbyists posting things on a public forum. From my understanding, there techs monitor these forums. The moment something comes up, they'll investigate it. Then they'll make subtle changes that affects those on that area. There's 1 or 2 individuals that post things. Outside of them, I commend those that keep the information to themselves or just keep it out of public forums.

Remember Miami is a third world country, run completely opposite to that of the rest of the USA. If you are from Miami or have family down there, you'll understand the meaning and I don't need to expand on it.

Yes, I'm from the area n it is very much third world country,,,,,,,which is why I don't see anyone from the county caring enough to be trolling these forums loookg for hobiest trying to monitor them..
Their important conversations are done either through cellular or are encrypted.....the every day patrol calls don't need to be kept so secret ..

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Like I said, they already have encryption capability on certain channels. I'm told the Union is against encrypting the dispatch channels. So I guess time will tell.

Tracker

Update; On some suggestions I went a Harris M/A P7100e pre programmed with Miami-Dade county.....had it for only 4 days n still not familiar with all the channels, but it receives great n the rechargable battery lasts all day......

Status
Not open for further replies.