City of Midland Phase II TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Did I miss something when on vacation last week. On 7/6/2018, I was decoding and logging the TRS with Unitrunker. I get back and noticed was really quiet. Turned squelch to zero, and seems to be no control channel anymore. Anyone have a better idea if this is user error, or did something change. Thanks in advance.

tomtefe

Must have changed something as I have been listening to the Midland P25 Phase 2 system all day. Don't think anything has changed. What scanner are you using?

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Control Channel Changed

Found out. When I programmed radio, I only had it import from MARKED control channels is RR. Reprogrammed with all frequencies, and it moved to 856.2625.

This thing allow pics? About to decode it and see what shows as all control channels.

Unitrunker REPORTS all the frequencies are control channels. Shows the 856.2625 as the control and all others as alternate control. Good info I suppose if someone programs like I did. RR import control channel only will knock scanner quiet.

Last edited:

tomtefe

Glad you found out what was wrong. I would put in all of the channels because I have noticed with this LSM P25 system that they occasionally change the control channels. This system works great on the new Uniden SDS100.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have not been all that impressed with it, or the Uniden BCD996P2. Some audio blares out and some is quiet. Squelch has to be low. IDK. May just be the scanner. Prolly gonna put this system in a different radio and see if better

And thanks for quick reply Just noticed that, but was uploading all frequencies to the radio

Last edited:

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Band Plan

Hey, did you use straight off RR the site and upload? I made some adjustments to bandplan because seemed to miss replies and seems better. Unitrunker CC output suggests TDMA should be split of 6.25kHz not 12.5kHz in position 8. Math works out that way. If you did custom band plan, could you share.

Status
Not open for further replies.