City of Newnan moving to WARRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
you're ASSuming they don't encrypt. Had an APX6000 template come into my hands from Coweta, and ADP is in use on most dispatch TG's. So let us know what (if anything) you can hear. I can't hear the WARRS system from my house in Smyrna.

puterman

For now Warrs is really 2 systems. The 1st Carroll area Warrs on 800Mhz and the new Coweta Warrs on 700Mhz. As of now the 2 are not linked. You have to enter both systems.

For now I hear both.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Newnan Moves to WARRS

Hopefully, the City of Newnan will follow the lead of the Coweta County Sheriff and remain "in the clear". They may have some tactical encryption use but the frequent visits I've made recently to Newnan, the Coweta Co SO has been in the clear and very active. This system has a good strong signal. I begin picking it up around Union City and can receive it all the way to LaGrange. Also, I begin receiving the Columbus-Troup System at the main Newnan exit on I-85 and can monitor them down I-85 to about Auburn.

Metrofire31
Smyrna

puterman

I too hope dispatch stays in the clear. I live in Carrollton and work in Newnan. It is part of my daytime drive Mon-fri.

KD4SHK

Newnan WARRS

As of last night (July 4th), Newnan was still using their old freqs. No activity on WARRS.

KD4SHK

Newnan WARRS

Currently (Nov, 2012), Newnan is still using their old conventional channels. Does anyone have a timetable for them switching to the WARRS trunked system?
Sam

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I came through Newnan yesterday and they are still on their VHF channels. The West Georgia DTRS has great range on a scanner. I can monitor the Coweta side of the system on I-85 between Union City and LaGrange.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
While in the southern part of Douglas County I can get Coweta off of a rubber ducky. To get Carrollton I have to point the yagi at the Fairplay tower. To get Villa Rica I have to be in their city limits or west of the city.

In my opinion, the Coweta part of the WARRS system is the best in the Atlanta Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.