City of Norfolk-New license

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm205

Saw the Norfolk 50710 TG show up briefly on the 108th and I Omaha site today. Heard an amusing exchange that seems to indicate not everyone seems to be aware how the NSRS roaming works:

A: “34, station.”
B: “34.”
A: “Does it show I'm coming in on Ops 1?”
B: “Yes, yes it does, and your signal is good.”
A: “Don’t know how or why, but I’m at 72nd and I-80.”
B: “10-4, yeah, I think we got our money’s worth.”

They should head towards the panhandle! Lol. When I make my way into Denver, the Kimball site over the SRS stays with me almost clear into Ft. Morgan, Co.. Traveling high over the Platte Valley along I-76 helps too.

Last edited:
TG 50730-Norfolk Public Works, confirmed. 516 calling 535. These are Street Dept vehicles, working somewhere in town, doing some sort of street repair. Will submit to the database.

Now, the next question is, where will the water department land up on? They had their own TG on the EDACS system, which, the Norfolk EDACS site is still transmitting control data, but I have not heard any traffic at all over the Norfolk EDACS site, unless I'm missing it when I'm away.

Norfolk Fire is slowly migrating to the new system, the majority of the traffic is still over on the single channel analog frequency.

Another new TG this morning, TG 50736-Norfolk Solid Waste. Lots of talk about vehicles bringing in bulk solid waste and being assigned door numbers where to dump the waste.

Norfolk Fire also performing numerous test tones this morning as well. Last night, between shift changes, Chief 2? was requesting FF's to turn in their portables at the end of their shifts, so I'm pretty sure the switch will be flipped on TG 50720 full time very soon.

Norfolk Water Dept is now using the SRS. TG 50731, with radio checks and a conversation about a disconnect. Not hard to id this one when the transmissions start and end with "Norfolk Water".

I have also been getting occasional hits on TG 50721. No voice heard. Could be a Norfolk FD Fireground or training TG??

Still waiting on LifeNet. I haven't seen any TG's of real interest the past couple of weeks that would point me to them moving over to the SRS.

atcs2ldo

N6YSC
Feed Provider
Another new TG this morning, TG 50736-Norfolk Solid Waste. Lots of talk about vehicles bringing in bulk solid waste and being assigned door numbers where to dump the waste.

Norfolk Fire also performing numerous test tones this morning as well. Last night, between shift changes, Chief 2? was requesting FF's to turn in their portables at the end of their shifts, so I'm pretty sure the switch will be flipped on TG 50720 full time very soon.
I agree, 50736 is Norfolk Solid Waste. Ready to block this TG on my setup. I can only handle hearing about trash so many times in the day :).

atcs2ldo

N6YSC
Feed Provider
I was out of town this past weekend while Norfolk PD was working the domestic violence/murder case. Listening to the recorded traffic this morning, I see much of the communication was being handled on TG 50714. I would consider this TG Tactical OPS. In the early testing phase for the P25 system, I understood that this would be an encrypted TG. However, none of the traffic I heard was encrypted in this case. I will track this TG as Tactical and leave it off of my Broadcastify feed.

atcs2ldo

N6YSC
Feed Provider
TG 50731 is Norfolk Water Dept. Heard 415 & 416 doing work order tasks and communications with the Water dispatch desk.

Here is a interesting one. TG 50735 popped up today, probably part of Public Works??? Radio ID's were very close to Public Works radios. Nothing exciting, just kept hearing "turn 1/2 inch", "now go 3/4 inch", "that looks good", then "I dropped your sandwich!".

atcs2ldo

N6YSC
Feed Provider
Here is a interesting one. TG 50735 popped up today, probably part of Public Works??? Radio ID's were very close to Public Works radios. Nothing exciting, just kept hearing "turn 1/2 inch", "now go 3/4 inch", "that looks good", then "I dropped your sandwich!".
I know the city has been working at the street corner of 25th & Paswalk for the past few days. I believe they were doing water main repairs. Could have been something related to that work. The last I have on this TG was "407 calling water".

atcs2ldo

N6YSC
Feed Provider
TG 3097 keyed up on 8/5.... sounded like testing but heard nothing but "D4" "D4" "D4" Maybe doing some interconnecting testing with NSP.

atcs2ldo

N6YSC
Feed Provider
Norfolk PD did test counts on 8/22 and identified the following TGs as TG 50011 BROC 1, TG 50012 BROC 2, TG 3015 BLE 1, and TG 3016 BLE 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.