City of Orlando FD

gcopter1

A while back in this forum, I asked for help regarding Orange County FD and their respective talk groups, thank you.
Now, I'd like to find out about the City of Orlando FD and their talkgroups.

I commute on Goldenrod road, between University Drive and the Orlando International Airport.
By looking at their maps, it seems that stations 8 and 14, are the closest to my commute route.

What I want to know is their respective talk groups.
Looks like it is between OFD 1,3,4,10,11 and 12.

Can anyone pinpoint to me their tg's, that is, if I'm right in my assesment that stations 8 and 14 serve the closest to my commute

Thank you!

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
All of the talkgroups are listed in the RR Database under the Orange County Trunked System.

Actually, 11 (Curry Ford Road) and 8 (Shoalcreek near 436) would probably be your closest stations.

gcopter1

All of the talkgroups are listed in the RR Database under the Orange County Trunked System.

Actually, 11 (Curry Ford Road) and 8 (Shoalcreek near 436) would probably be your closest stations.
Thanks for the info but, what about the talkgroups?

I know they're here, but who uses what, is the unknown.

ThreatLevelMidnight

Premium Subscriber
ALL STATIONS use the Orlando Fire Talkgroups.

Dispatched from OFD 1, most calls then respond on OFD 2, unless its something major like a structure fire, then they start using OFD 3, 4, and so on.

They are labeled in the DB too.

1719962056976.png

gcopter1

Dispatched from OFD 1, most calls then respond on OFD 2, unless its something major like a structure fire, then they start using OFD 3, 4, and so on.
THIS is key and actually what I was looking for.

Unlike OCFD, whose stations have their own talkgroups.

Yes, again, I understand they're labeled in the DB, is just that unless I know on which talkgroup my intended listening target, i.e., as someone posted above, stations 8 and 11, I would need to listen to all the talkgroups, which is not what I am after.

I also realize from your post, it seems as if I would still need to monitor them all, because station 8 and 11, could end up using any of the other available talkgroups.

Thank you guys.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
THIS is key and actually what I was looking for.

Unlike OCFD, whose stations have their own talkgroups.

Yes, again, I understand they're labeled in the DB, is just that unless I know on which talkgroup my intended listening target, i.e., as someone posted above, stations 8 and 11, I would need to listen to all the talkgroups, which is not what I am after.

I also realize from your post, it seems as if I would still need to monitor them all, because station 8 and 11, could end up using any of the other available talkgroups.

Thank you guys.
If you monitor FD1, you will hear dispatches for all stations. You would only need to change talkgroups if you were following an incident.