City of Philadelphia 800mhz System

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASFlies

The city appears to be adding two additional channel pairs to its 800mhz system, outputs on 857.7375 and 858.7375. Does anyone know which zone these channels will be added to so the database can be updated?

DASFlies

UPDATE: Based on the traffic I am hearing, these two channels were added to the Zone 1 (Fire/Other Municipal) system. Submitted to the database, suggest an update or you will be missing traffic.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I noticed TRS traffic on these last month when I took the kids downtown. I was driving wasn't able to fiddle around to see which system they were now part of. Are they still in use as Citywide 3 and 4 mutual aid repeaters or are those dead now?

Does anyone ever hear traffic on the Citywide 1 and 2 repeaters?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Actually did not realize they were labeled as Citywide 3 and 4, no idea what those are / were used for.

I don't know where they came from, either. They've been listed a long time and could be out of date or just bad intel passed along years ago.

Since they've been incorporated into the TRS, I am going to deprecate the 3 and 4 listings...I doubt they would remain conventional and also part of the TRS.

Septa3371CSX1

I've never monitored any traffic on those frequencies in conventional mode. I wouldn't be surprised if these are either back up channels for use in a TRS failure (which I don't have any documentation of such a usage occurring) or if they are intended to be used for a large incident possibly using a portable repeater.

857.7375 was the data transmission frequency for the fire station printers. Not sure if the printers are still activated via radio frequency or not though.

Septa3371CSX1

Lol there have been a few radio system failures

I know that has happened a few times (not sure if the current system has ever had a catastrophic failure but I know the old Smart Zone system had quite a few of them). I don't have any knowledge of conventional channels being used as a back up during a system failure (aside from maybe the 8CALL/8TAC channels).

Status
Not open for further replies.