City of Regina Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBerezowski

Some of the time I will hear RPS being talked over by EMS and FIRE by RPS and vice versa.

That's interesting. I wonder why and how that is happening. Unfortunately I had a computer glitch yesterday, and when I came home late last night I found I had no TRUNK88 logs and no recordings for all of yesterday. So I have no information about yesterday at all. :(

I can at least say that overnight they were operating on the backup system. We'll see what Thursday brings.

Rob

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Unfortunately I had a computer glitch yesterday, and when I came home late last night I found I had no TRUNK88 logs and no recordings for all of yesterday. So I have no information about yesterday at all. :(

Wouldn't possibly be a glitch called Windows Update, would it? :evil: Tuesday evening it did an auto-reboot of my machine while I was at work, so Wednesday morning when I got home, it was sitting at the login prompt, and not only had it not been logging the RadarBox all night, but anything that hadn't been saved at the time of reboot was wiped too.

(yes I know I can configure WU to not update automatically but I shouldn't have to - there should be a common ground where I can update but not be forced into a reboot)

colby4601

That's interesting. I wonder why and how that is happening. Unfortunately I had a computer glitch yesterday, and when I came home late last night I found I had no TRUNK88 logs and no recordings for all of yesterday. So I have no information about yesterday at all. :(

I can at least say that overnight they were operating on the backup system. We'll see what Thursday brings.

Rob

You folks and your Windows computers! :lol: I also heard RPS Tac 1 talking over some ops on RPS Tac 7. And the detectives were pretty p-o'ed at this radio system to say the least.

While it is enjoyable to listen to RPS again, things really aren't working out to well lately with the backup system.

We'll have to see what happens today (Thursday).

colby4601

Main system is back online. They were on backup until about 1450 for sure. 36 advised they were back on main system around 1525.

RBerezowski

Wouldn't possibly be a glitch called Windows Update, would it? :evil: Tuesday evening it did an auto-reboot of my machine while I was at work, so Wednesday morning when I got home, it was sitting at the login prompt, and not only had it not been logging the RadarBox all night, but anything that hadn't been saved at the time of reboot was wiped too.

(yes I know I can configure WU to not update automatically but I shouldn't have to - there should be a common ground where I can update but not be forced into a reboot)

Yes, I call them "black Tuesdays" when the software updates come out. I too am having a hard time finding "the best of both worlds", i.e. automatic updates and no forced reboots.

Rob

colby4601

Oh there have been a couple of times during the Wednesday morning backup tests that the Detectives don't watch what they say. In fact, this week when they were on backup, I heard some fairly humorous and colorful remarks.

richster

Unfortunately I had a computer glitch yesterday, and when I came home late last night I found I had no TRUNK88 logs and no recordings for all of yesterday. So I have no information about yesterday at all. :(

Rob

In the log for the 14th, I noticed the techs turning on and off "remote TIBS". Also I was getting diagnostic messages for TIBS up to 20, where I thought there were only 12. I thought; "system expansion maybe?" Other than that I noticed nothing odd.

Regards,
Richster

richster

Some of the time I will hear RPS being talked over by EMS and FIRE by RPS and vice versa.

Hi Colby,

Yes you were hearing correctly. During this "upgrade" (still don't know what they actually did), there were lots of misdirected comms I guess.

I have had several transit operators tell me about hearing detectives following suspects around the Golden Mile. They said it lasted about 5 minutes. A few guys from roadways told me of hearing some interesting "whispering" on the 14th. They though someone had stolen one of their radios!

I went through the log for the 14th with a fine tooth comb, and there is nothing on it to confirm any misdirected comm traffic.

Ha! I wonder what the detectives were hearing? I wonder if they like listening to the landfill? I know I don't.........much.

Regards,
Richster.

RBerezowski

In the log for the 14th, I noticed the techs turning on and off "remote TIBS". Also I was getting diagnostic messages for TIBS up to 20, where I thought there were only 12. I thought; "system expansion maybe?" Other than that I noticed nothing odd.

Regards,
Richster

There are only 12 channels. I've also occasionally seen higher channel numbers in some of the diagnostic messages. I'm not sure exactly of the reason for that, but I'm quite certain it is not system expansion. They seem to have enough channels right now.

As I said before, I don't have logs for that date to verify, but you may want to make sure that your TRUNK88 is set to decode 28 channel diagnostic messages for the Regina system, and not 21 channel.

Rob

colby4601

EMS Dispatch just advised all units that they will be switching over to the backup radio system in the next 15 minutes. They will only have access to EMS Dispatch tg. No other announcements have been made by other agencies. Will keep this updated.

colby4601

Everyone is on backup now and it sounds like they will remain on backup for the evening. RPS is on the Regina feed.

colby4601

Everything is back to normal this morning. Maybe you guys running Trunk88 can take a look at your logs and see if anything happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.