City of Regina/RPS New radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile1

I did a Google search of Regina.ca website today and found these documents: PDF CR09-8 dated Jan 26 2009 and The Board of Police Commissioners Report dated Dec 17 2008. A five year plan ending with the introduction of an all new radio system in 2013. The cost is to be shared by the City, $ cost unknown and RPS amount is $2 million. Will it be a Motorola Astro P25 system ?

Last edited:

mobile1

It looks like GlenTel/Motorola Canada Ltd is building an Astro P25 system for the City of Regina/RPS.

colby4601

Interesting. Not sure if I should say "yay" or "damnit!". Hopefully some more information will come out on what type of Motorola System this will be, the costs, options (encryption), etc.

mobile1

City Of Saskatoon to replace trunked radio system.

I did a Google search on Saskatoon's website today. Over the next Five years they will replace and expand their trunked radio system infrastructure at a cost of $4.425 milliion with $1.51 million of it going for new radios. Total replacement of their system by 2015. And it looks like Motorola Canada has this one too.

bush_man

City of Regina database problems

I am having issues, I can't download the database for City of Regina System. I have tried using Win96 software into a Pro-96, and ARC500 software into a PSR-500. I get the same thing, NOTHING??? There is only two provincial trunk systems showing under Regina, P25 Province wide, and Fleetnet. There is no database for Regina city EMS, etc. And the Database page on here won't let you download, says it has to be through the scanner software with premium membership, which I have both. Please help, I hope it's something simple, if NOT, please if someone has taken the time to enter all of this into their PSR(GRE), and is willing to share, that would save my fat fingers from entering all of that and trying to figure out the new lingo...Thanks... bush_man

ve5wil

Feed Provider
I am having issues, I can't download the database for City of Regina System. I have tried using Win96 software into a Pro-96, and ARC500 software into a PSR-500. I get the same thing, NOTHING??? There is only two provincial trunk systems showing under Regina, P25 Province wide, and Fleetnet. There is no database for Regina city EMS, etc. And the Database page on here won't let you download, says it has to be through the scanner software with premium membership, which I have both. Please help, I hope it's something simple, if NOT, please if someone has taken the time to enter all of this into their PSR(GRE), and is willing to share, that would save my fat fingers from entering all of that and trying to figure out the new lingo...Thanks... bush_man

Not intending to hijack this thread, but I am also having same issues here with the major cities in Saskatchewan with the problem also covering Saskatoon and Moose Jaw.

As far as new systems, MJFD is also talking about a new system sometime in 2010, and have rumoured not the PPSTN. Looks like this could be the year for changes.

mobile1

Moose Jaw new radio system ?

ve5wil if you want to know about what MJ is going to do about replacing their radio system just go to their website and look at the, Tenders section. The blue ones are open and the black ones are now closed. See 2009 supply of radios. Closed Dec 31 2009. Just check it out once a month to see what they are buying. Moose Jaw - City of Moose Jaw Home Page

Last edited:

colby4601

Bush_man, I just made some changes to the Database. I have moved the City of Regina system under the "Independent Cities" link of the Saskatchewan page. Try downloading the system now and let me know if that works.

ve5wil said:
Not intending to hijack this thread, but I am also having same issues here with the major cities in Saskatchewan with the problem also covering Saskatoon and Moose Jaw.

ve5wil, I will do the same thing with the Moose Jaw and Saskatoon systems as I did with the Regina system above. Let me know if that works for you.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
ve5wil if you want to know about what MJ is going to do about replacing their radio system just go to their website and look at the, Tenders section. The blue ones are open and the black ones are now closed. See 2009 supply of radios. Closed Dec 31 2009. Just check it out once a month to see what they are buying. Moose Jaw - City of Moose Jaw Home Page

Thanks for the info... :) that was too simple I overlooked it.
time for new glasses i think

bush_man

Thanks Colby!!!,, It downloaded into my program and in turn to my Scanner. I will try it on tuesday to see if it actually picks up anything in Regina, but I'm confident it will, the problem was merely finding the info to uploaod. Again many thanks and keep up the good work...bush_man

aleycat4x4

regina police

Is there a scanner that will pick up the regina police radio frequencies? They went to a new system 10 years ago.The scanner i have will pick up EMS,Regina Fire Department,City of Regina works and RCMP.
Thanks for any help

Al

Is there a scanner that will pick up the regina police radio frequencies? They went to a new system 10 years ago.The scanner i have will pick up EMS,Regina Fire Department,City of Regina works and RCMP.
Thanks for any help

Al
RPS operates on the same trunked system as EMS and Fire, etc. except there comms are all digitally encrypted. About the only time that you may catch them is when they're operating on the Back-up TG's which are outlined in the database here - but that is usually if and only when the system is in failsoft.

Craig

scnnr

RPS operates on the same trunked system as EMS and Fire, etc. except there comms are all digitally encrypted. About the only time that you may catch them is when they're operating on the Back-up TG's which are outlined in the database here - but that is usually if and only when the system is in failsoft.

Craig

----------------------------

How about interop between RPS & other City Services? Do any of you ever hear any TG's come active for a situation like that?

colby4601

----------------------------

How about interop between RPS & other City Services? Do any of you ever hear any TG's come active for a situation like that?

In my time of scanning the system, not once have I heard any activity on those frequencies.

There were plenty of times last summer where RPS K-9 would go out and assist Regina RCMP and there was nothing heard.

scnnr

In my time of scanning the system, not once have I heard any activity on those frequencies.

There were plenty of times last summer where RPS K-9 would go out and assist Regina RCMP and there was nothing heard.

Yeah pretty much the same here in Winnipeg Colby. I have on very rare occasions , heard the City police and RCMP use their mutual tg but not very darn often.

colby4601

I should clarify a bit. Never have I heard activity on the RCMP/RPS tg listed in the database, but all the time, RPS will contact EMS or Fire on the 911 TG or any of the PS TG's.

What you don't hear on the RPS TG's, you will hear conveyed to EMS on the 911 TG.

Also, there is lots of activity between RPS and Mobile Crisis on the Crisis TG. You can hear details of complaints, calls and domestics with children involved/present on that talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.