City of Rocky Mount, NC police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencerwww

i can confirm that Rocky Mount pd dispatch is encrypted and it was 1 more tht was encrypted but i didnt stay long enough to monitor the system very long. there is also 8 or 9 talkgroups that arnt listed in the db also. again i didnt stay long enough to start working on them
Is fire deptmin rocky mount encrypted or clear I know county is on the viper I'm guessing rocky mount would stay clear clear sense city crosses over. Alot.times for calls

ID16260

I’m an idiot
Rocky Mount is using ADP encryption so is Cary but Raleigh is using DES OFB on their channels. Fuquay Varina and Morrisville use ADP

Viper652

Moderated
Is there anyway to get back the dispatch channel open with a petition of some kind. Encrypting the dispatch channel leaves people in the dark.

I can understand encrypting all the other channels except dispatch.

NYRHKY94

Full encryption is a "policy decision" made by elected government officials at the local, state and/or federal level. While the Chief of a given department may be the initial impetus behind a move to full encryption, the decision (sign off) to do so ultimately rests with the elected officials the Chief reports up to: Mayor, Town Manager, City Manager, Town Council, County Executives etc. In this case, that would be the Rocky Mount City Manager, who is the chief executive officer there and their Council form of government. In addition to overseeing Police/Fire department operations, they are are also responsible/accountable for maintaining a certain level of transparency in their government operations. Any interested or concerned taxpayer/constituent can contact the City Manager and/or elected Councilors and ask why Rocky Mount PD went full ENC. You may get a knowledgeable answer, you may not. Been there and done that.

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
well they can't blame these most recent crimes on criminals being able to use scanners as the encryption was already in place

spencerwww

Rocky Mount is using ADP encryption so is Cary but Raleigh is using DES OFB on their channels. Fuquay Varina and Morrisville use ADP
Raleigh and sherffic isn't ectpyed they got some back channels that are but fquiava apex and cary are

spencerwww

well they can't blame these most recent crimes on criminals being able to use scanners as the encryption was already in place
That bs I got scanner they need.allow scanners and open channels and wxrpyt carting stuff but take down lives no crimal going bay 7 to 8 hundred

spencerwww

Full encryption is a "policy decision" made by elected government officials at the local, state and/or federal level. While the Chief of a given department may be the initial impetus behind a move to full encryption, the decision (sign off) to do so ultimately rests with the elected officials the Chief reports up to: Mayor, Town Manager, City Manager, Town Council, County Executives etc. In this case, that would be the Rocky Mount City Manager, who is the chief executive officer there and their Council form of government. In addition to overseeing Police/Fire department operations, they are are also responsible/accountable for maintaining a certain level of transparency in their government operations. Any interested or concerned taxpayer/constituent can contact the City Manager and/or elected Councilors and ask why Rocky Mount PD went full ENC. You may get a knowledgeable answer, you may not. Been there and done that.
And elected government is bunch crooks why not leave dispatch and channels opena dm encryption on people who buy scanners and take down live feeds and people who enjoy it people reunion everything

spencerwww

Is there anyway to get back the dispatch channel open with a petition of some kind. Encrypting the dispatch channel leaves people in the dark.

I can understand encrypting all the other channels except dispatch.

Om in wilson i love listen to Rocky Mount how do u do it

Viper652

Moderated
Rocky Mount police was not streaming on the internet.

You have to have a phase 2 scanner to listen. What criminal is going to do that.

There is absolutely no reason to encrypt dispatch

spencerwww

Rocky Mount police was not streaming on the internet.

You have to have a phase 2 scanner to listen. What criminal is going to do that.

There is absolutely no reason to encrypt dispatch
Thats what I'm saying i payed seven hundred dollars on mine s d s 100 no crimnale.will pay that rocky mount was live and fire at one point but im big scanner hobbyist so.i ldont see nothing be encrypted accept drug and some back private channel

jthorpe

You're not going to change it. I have yet to find a lawsuit or court action that has ordered a city or county agency etc to decrypt anything. Matter of fact, California is MANDATING it, and others will follow. May as well get used to it. There are two main reasons why this is happening and I won't mention them here because God forbid, we talk about it on this forum.

spencerwww

You're not going to change it. I have yet to find a lawsuit or court action that has ordered a city or county agency etc to decrypt anything. Matter of fact, California is MANDATING it, and others will follow. May as well get used to it. There are two main reasons why this is happening and I won't mention them here because God forbid, we talk about it on this forum.
True but are u meaning calforina is encryption fire and ems are just manly.sherffic and police and stuff if u can get back with me

Status
Not open for further replies.