City Of San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoleman

Hello,
Can someone please tell me why we can't receive the San Francisco Police and fire on my Uniden 396 T scanner . What are we doing wrong as we used the Radio reference data base to up load to the 396t and the pro 197 and receive nothing. Thank you in advance for your help

John

SCPD

QRT
If you trying to Listen from Novato your are to far away.
From what I read in the past SF keeps there Antenna down and inwards.
From my experience leaving through Golden gate Bridge I shortly afterwards lose there Signal.

kma371

QRT
Hello,
Can someone please tell me why we can't receive the San Francisco Police and fire on my Uniden 396 T scanner . What are we doing wrong as we used the Radio reference data base to up load to the 396t and the pro 197 and receive nothing. Thank you in advance for your help

John

Have you updated the firmware to support rebanding?

johncoleman

396T

I have the 396T and it has the 3.01.00 software version in the scanner Uniden put it in when i sent it to them for service . I know i can't receive San Francisco from Novato, Calif 22 Miles away, However I go to San Francisco every week and Cant pick up anything from the police or fire when I am in the city .

Thank you both for trying to help me and please tell me how to download re-banding if that's the problem . I can also call you or you can please call me 415-254-3995

Thanks John

kma371

QRT
When you say you can't pick anything up, could you be more specific? Can you hear control channel and just not any talk groups? Are you using software to upload or doing it by hand?

AdminLaw

Having the newest firmware should have taken care of the rebanding issue.

Are you sure you programmed the system as Motorola Type II SmartZone? The P-25 system is only used at the airport, and all talkgroups are encrypted.

kma371

QRT
Hello,
Ok I see Motorola Type II but where do you get to Smart zone please ?

John 415-254-3995

Download Free scan, its free, and import the system from the database since you are a premium subscriber here. It will do it all for you. Error free

johncoleman

Uniden 396 T

I will get my friend to do that for me later this week with Free Scan I do have ARC 396 on my computer does that one do it the same way as i put them in my scanner today with arc 396 . I want to really thank you for all your help. What city are you in Please .

Thanks Again John

johncoleman

Programing

Thank you all so much for all your help. I received a call from a member and he said he has the same problem with San francisco. The question I now have is does anyone have ARC 96 and have their scanner programed with San Francisco police and fire working . I have free calling or I can call you please. thank you. John 415 254 3995

Eng74

I believe San Francisco rebanded about 2(?) years ago now so you will need to do a custom table for the rebanded system.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I can pick up all the San Francisco trunked traffic on my BCT15X down to Burlingame. The antenna is very important.

kma371

QRT
Thank you all so much for all your help. I received a call from a member and he said he has the same problem with San francisco. The question I now have is does anyone have ARC 96 and have their scanner programed with San Francisco police and fire working . I have free calling or I can call you please. thank you. John 415 254 3995

A previous question was are you downloading the programming from the database or programming it manually via the software?

Again, I suggest you download Freescan, it's free, and import the programming straight from the DB. That would resolve your programming issue. If you still have issues, it's reception related.

SCPD

QRT
I can pick up all the San Francisco trunked traffic on my BCT15X down to Burlingame. The antenna is very important.

We where talking north of San Francisco. No matter what your Antenna setup is, anything after Waldo Tunnel is a no go because SF Antenna setup and Terrain..

johncoleman

Uniden 396t

Thanks for the help again but please remember We program the scanner with ARC 96 and Radio Reference to up load to my Uniden 396 T We go to San Francisco Twice a week and can't pick up anything when we turn the scanner on in San Francisco . We know we cant pick up S F from the Waldo tunnel north. I got a call again yesterday from a Gentleman who does use free scan and he has the same problem . Does anyone live in the North bay that we can Clone our scanners

Thanks to all again

John

Eng74

Are you trying to program a Uniden scanner with ARC 96, which is for a Radio Shack scanner or are you using ARC 396?

Status
Not open for further replies.