City of San Luis Obispo Opens new 911 Dispatch Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
No antennas on the new tower as of yesterday. I don't think any of the new radio systems are online yet. The database will be updated as soon as the new stuff goes live.

It looks like the CHP dispatch center they open in Salinas a few years ago. So who they going to dispatch just SLO?

Last edited:

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Yup. 911 PSAP, police & fire dispatching, and public works on the weekends/evenings.

Caboosey

FCC Callsign WQLP601 Details NEW FCC License granted for City of San Luis Obispo. There are a few new frequencies that are currently unidentified. 453.28750 and 458.28750 is two new ones I am aware of. Unknown PL/DPL tone. I have yet to hear anything on these yet.

Caboosey

Looks like digital.....Dunno about the Encryption. I am sure that will be their next upgrade. I noticed less radio traffic on the Tac channel since the annoucement of the new dispatch center.

At Fire Station 1. There is a new tower, but no antennas on it yet and tower looks unfinished.

Last edited:

code3cowboy

Looks like digital.....Dunno about the Encryption. I am sure that will be their next upgrade. I noticed less radio traffic on the Tac channel since the annoucement of the new dispatch center.

At Fire Station 1. There is a new tower, but no antennas on it yet and tower looks unfinished.

The tower is not finished yet, it needs feed line and antennas.

The spec is for a digital encrypted tac, one of the Lieutenants told me they are going to do something encrypted in a discussion a little while back. I wonder what Smith will have to say about that.

Its not much of an upgrade as nobody will be able to work with them. We are using kenwoods and motorolas that do not support digital operation, and I was told will not move toward radios that cost $1000 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.