City of TRACY, Ca. and Uniden BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGARTY

I am contemplating the purchase of the Uniden BCD436HP scanner so I can enjoy listening to the activity here in my hometown of Tracy, Ca. I used to listen to them on a Radio Shack Pro-74 but that was before the Tracy PD went digital, the Pro74 did a great job.

My question to the members is, will I be able to hear the Tracy PD and other city agencies with my BCD436HP scanner OR are the Tracy Police departments transmissions encrypted and or garbled and can not be heard? I'd just like to know prior to buying the scanner. Also, if the answer is yes one can hear their transmissions will the BCD436HP be able to find their frequencies or do I need to know and program them in. Lastly does anyone here have the frequencies?

Thank you much!

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You can monitor Tracy PD with any P25 scanner. They operate unencrypted.

Manteca PD is the agency running full-time encryption though it mistakenly gets turned off sometimes. All the other San Joaquin P25 agencies currently operate unencrypted though.

DOUGARTY

Do you or anyone else know if there are more than one channel for Tracy PD? Will the Uniden BCD436HP be able to handle all TracyPD channels or will I need to program frequencies in, sorry if I am coming across as not knowing, I simply need to build my knowledge base of what digital and trunking is.

I read where this particular scanner can hear the zip code you type in as long as the range is acceptable. Thank you, any further information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
From the database (click the links at the top of this page and drill down to San Joaquin County), Tracy isn't trunked, just regular channels that happen to be digital. They have two channels, and per Wayne, you should be good to go to monitor both with any digital capable scanner.

Hope that helps.

DOUGARTY

From the database (click the links at the top of this page and drill down to San Joaquin County), Tracy isn't trunked, just regular channels that happen to be digital. They have two channels, and per Wayne, you should be good to go to monitor both with any digital capable scanner.

Hope that helps.

Thank you both. I hope my BCD436HP will be worth the money!

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Here you go:
453.97500 WQAS421 RM 830 NAC Tracy PD 1 Police Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
453.92500 WQAS421 RM 831 NAC Tracy PD 2 Police Ch 2 P25 Law Tac

Status
Not open for further replies.