City of Wheeling - Analog or Ditital

Status
Not open for further replies.

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
Hello all,

I am working to purchase a new scanner for the purpose of a live feed. Currently, I am using my 396 for this purpose but I miss not having it with me. My feed sounds great with the unit but when looking for a new one - I need to know if anyone has any insight if they are going to change to the states digital system. I don't want to throw money away but I don't want to spend a ton if they are not going to move for a couple years.

Thank you,
Jordan R.

MOTOROLANUT

Wvirp

Jordon,
I just heard heard yesterday, from a very credible source. That the three northern panhandle counties were not going to convert to the WVIRP. It was stated that they had a small system in the north
the three counties were going to use instead. So it would be safe to say any digitial trunking scanner, uniden or gre would most likely fit your needs.

Mylan

Feed Provider
Ha... you know what i was thinking...... Forget what I told you about the possibility of Wheeling going digital within the next few years... why??? ..... Well because Mark Staley is a smart (and thus wealthy) man.... First he conned the follks runnin' Ohio County into selling them a brand new radio system and now, the more I think about it, he will NEVER let Wheeling join the Ohio County system because then he would be out one less system service contract.....
I'm not very wise when it comes to radio systems but I'm sure Staley can probably charge more money if he gets to service two full systems rather than just servicing a user of another system; so the chances are pretty good that Wheeling will be right where they are for years to come--- that is unless Mr Staley informs City Mgr. Robert Herron that "Wheeling's current 800 TRS has become outdated and soon will be obsolete"- but that he can "build them a brand new state of the art system that will be fully compatable with Ohio County's system "..... ahhhh I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.