City ofTuscaloosa PD Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
what happened to it?

did TPD go encrypted and the feed got dropped as a result? I remember when i was there they were experimenting with p25 and encryption here and there.

edit: i see nothing in database indicating they have gone p25 or encrypted...
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=63

be nice if someone will provide a feed. my friend down there has said there is a lot going on lately and i would be interested in a TPD feed to listen in.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
what happened to it?

did TPD go encrypted and the feed got dropped as a result? I remember when i was there they were experimenting with p25 and encryption here and there.

edit: i see nothing in database indicating they have gone p25 or encrypted...
Tuscaloosa County, Alabama (AL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

be nice if someone will provide a feed. my friend down there has said there is a lot going on lately and i would be interested in a TPD feed to listen in.

Why don't you ask your friend to provide the stream?

i hope the guy who provided the feed is ok and still with us. it disappeared after the tornado and never returned.

the guy providing the northport feed is offline too last time i looked. maybe he can come back online and provide TPD on one channel and NPD on other if he has two scanners available.

i bet it's going to be nuts down there tonight.

the crazy trouble heads will all be acting up.

if i was still living there i sure as crap would poke my head out the door new years eve.

hell i would even do it where i used to live in nj anymore.

that part of the world seems to not have been immune from going to hell in a handbasket like everywhere else.

CSL126

I'm the guy that provided the feed. I just haven't had time to deal with it here lately. I'm off this Friday though, I'll try to get it back online for you. Didn't realize that there was such a demand for it. I've gotten several emails as well.

CSL126

For those of you that haven't already noticed, the feed is now back online. For some reason there is an FM station in the background if the volume is up enough. I honestly have no idea where that's coming from.

Thanks for the concern James_Bond! I'm fine, but I know a lot of people who lost pretty much everything that the own. Still a lot of work to do around here. I wish I had recorded the traffic after the feed went down (I still had power, just no internet). It was intense!

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
For those of you that haven't already noticed, the feed is now back online. For some reason there is an FM station in the background if the volume is up enough. I honestly have no idea where that's coming from.

Thanks for the concern James_Bond! I'm fine, but I know a lot of people who lost pretty much everything that the own. Still a lot of work to do around here. I wish I had recorded the traffic after the feed went down (I still had power, just no internet). It was intense!

Where is it now?

Randmaster

The Family Geek
TPD has gone encrypted, unfortunately. All that's left is Northport and the UA. I read somewhere that Northport is upgrading their system. Who knows if will be encrypted, there's a good chance they might.

As for the feeds, I believe Mr. Lee (CSL126) provides them, if I'm not mistaken.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Do we know what kind of encrytion they are using?

If they use only Motorola radios, it is likely ADP software encryption, which is very inexpensive. If they have any radios other than Motorola in use, then it would be DES-OFB or AES-256 hardware encryption.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
If someone can find out the facts, they need to update RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.