City Orangeburg PD/FD (Public Saftey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> The system is a JPS ACU 1000.

The JPS unit is not a system, but rather the means they are using for interoperability between two systems, such as Palnet and Orangeburg's new system.

http://www.jps.com/index.asp?node=88

>> I was thinking a uniden can't be used period from what you wrote about the dynamic memory structure.

Dynamic memory is used on Uniden's newest scanners, design-wise ... such as the 246, 330, 396, 996, BCT15. It is not used in scanners with a "bank and channel" programming format.

With a scanner like the 296, you program a control channel in a bank, and then designate whether its AM, FM, MOT, EDACS or LTR. The format enables you to do that to 20 channel slots, if you wish.

With a scanner using Dynamic Memory, the control channel is programmed in a separate module from the voice channels, so the "trick" doesn't work.

As mentioned previously, this system might be a flavor of LTR we cannot monitor ... except in conventional mode, such as Passport or MultiNet.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/LTR_Passport

kg4ekc

I found the LCN but the channels keep changing their LCN order. I was able to get this by pressing the text button and I would see the talk group and Rxx. But, I found this kept changing. I am wondering if this means it is a no scannable system.

Greg

kg4ekc

I believe that it is probably a Passport from reading some of the information. It looks like the Home channel moves around. I can hear when parked in LTR mode but no talk group will show or Rxx till later. With the Rxx changing multiple times I am lead to believe that this will be unscannable as a trunked system. I have not talked to my buddy yet. Keep trying to find him.

Greg

Curfew

What is the exact freq order it's doing LCN wise you are getting? thanks, Curfew

Last edited:

kg4ekc

The LCN number is going from 5 to 19 to another number. I did this for a while and it is a real pain to get it to list this LCN number but if you stay on the same frequency for a while you will see that it continues to change. So you can not get a LCN number for each frequency.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK, when monitoring just ONE of the repeaters, what is the interval between data bursts? 2 to 5 seconds? If so its Passport. If the interval is in the 8 to 12 second range, then its normal LTR..... If this is a Passport LTR system, then it can't be trunked, but can be monitored conventionally with NO DELAY set on the repeaters.... Is a pain but can be done.

Curfew

It's 5 seconds on all the active freqs. For conventional monitoring and follow-what you are saying is when programming the freqs in the scanner do not use delay right? What about frequency order and channeling? Thanks, Curfew.

kg4ekc

Passport is not scanable unless in conventional mode. They seem to be using that 460.1625 the most.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Correct, program the repeaters in conventional mode with NO DELAY.... and have fun.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
More info on this:

As eluded to in previous posts, there is a DPW (DPU?) license for 11 frequencies in the same three locations: WQCL609 in Cameron, Bolentown and Orangeburg (off St. Matthews Road). I have determined which frequencies are where, but that's about it.

I wonder if this is all the same system (DPS and DPW) and they have a way in LTR to dedicate frequencies to one group or another, so DPS has dedicated frequencies separate from DPU.

I wonder how I should list it in the database.

Brian

kg4ekc

Brian, DPU is the Department of Public Utilities (Electric, Natural Gas and Water) for the City. It is the Cash Cow for the city and they bought the system. They do not use the system but use the conventional Frequencies, last I spoke to one of the local Fire Chiefs who works for DPU. I think they are licensed for 8 or so Trunked frequencies and they have the other conventional frequencies. DPW is actually different Roads and Maintance ect.

Greg

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks for the information.

Just to clarify, you're saying that the 11 frequencies licensed under WQCL609 are not active as part of the LTR trunked system?

I have a couple of conventional frequencies identified for Public Works in Orangeburg, I guess I'll need to figure out which are DPU and which are DPW.

Status
Not open for further replies.