Cityfreq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avdrummerboy

I have only just recently gotten back into scanning (finally got a trunking scanner) and had a question. Back when I used to be into scanning cityfreq.com was the go to site for all things frequency. Now, as far as I can tell, it's a lost cause, fraught with adverts and other nonsense. I've input a lot of the freq.s on there into my scanner and a surprising amount are actually voice channels, but there is little to no description of what's what and there are a lot that seem to just be numbers on a page.

My question is, does anyone know if there is another site like that one listing all the local businesses and the radio operations that they use. RR does have business freq.s on the site, but nothing as extensive as cityfreq was (unless I'm missing something, which there is a good chance.)

Any answer or help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

wise871

Database Admin
First what area are you trying to monitor? RR has the largest collection of frequencies that I know of.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Also, the RR and FCC database search boxes, on the main or individual state database pages are very useful.

avdrummerboy

Sorry, forgot area, Southern CA, San Bernardino county in particular. The page for the county has a few businesses, but there are some on cityfreq that work that aren't on RR, I was just curious if there was a page on RR that I am missing or something stupidly simple like that.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Generally speaking, RR is geared more towards public safety than it is towards business.

Cityfreq is really nothing more than a dump of FCC licensing data broken down by whatever city is listed on the license. Nothing on that site is confirmed or verified by actual listeners, whereas the RR DB is just that.

I'm not saying Cityfreq doesn't have any use, but you could find the exact same info using the FCC ULS. Or, as datainmotion points out, you can use the Search FCC Data feature on the main RR DB page.

digitalanalog

Generally speaking, RR is geared more towards public safety than it is towards business.

Cityfreq is really nothing more than a dump of FCC licensing data broken down by whatever city is listed on the license. Nothing on that site is confirmed or verified by actual listeners, whereas the RR DB is just that.

I'm not saying Cityfreq doesn't have any use, but you could find the exact same info using the FCC ULS. Or, as datainmotion points out, you can use the Search FCC Data feature on the main RR DB page.

You forgot to mention that the search feature on the database page(s) only work if your a premium subscriber.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You forgot to mention that the search feature on the database page(s) only work if your a premium subscriber.

Incorrect. All five searches in the Search FCC Data section are available to free accounts. The other advanced searches Search and Reporting Options, Search Trunked Radio Information and Retrieve Systemwide Reports do require a premium account.

Cityfreq is a Great Source...

Again, Cityfreq is nothing more than an FCC license dump. There's nothing special about it. You can find the exact same information using the FCC's ULS searches, or by using the aforementioned RR FCC searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.