City's communication system marks industry first

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1das

I got a chuckle when the article mentioned "digital microwaves". :D What will they think of next?

jim202

Maybe your the one that should do some thinking. Digital microwave systems have been
around for many years now. You have to look real hard to still find an old analog
microwave still in use. Those that are, should be in some stage of replacement,
as most support for those systems has long since faded into the sunset.

Jim

I got a chuckle when the article mentioned "digital microwaves". :D What will they think of next?

KC0QNB

It would be fun to watch everyone scramble when that system crashes, its new and its Motorola, it will crash at some point.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
This was the actual "industry first"...

"The Motorola system performed without a hitch from the first push of the transmit button,"

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I think he was being sarcastic.

Maybe your the one that should do some thinking. Digital microwave systems have been
around for many years now. You have to look real hard to still find an old analog
microwave still in use. Those that are, should be in some stage of replacement,
as most support for those systems has long since faded into the sunset.

Jim

KC0QNB

Yes i was being sarcastic, have a simple rule well maybe 2 if it works don't fix it. and never buy the latest greatest anything, it will let you down when you least expect it.
Case in point I drove a 1982 Chevy cavalier, first year as far as I can tell for that particular model, one of the first problems I encountered was a non functioning brake light, when I went to see why, the solid aluminum wire they used for brake lights broke, simply because of vibration.
In later years I hear they quit using solid aluminum wire and went to the industry standard stranded copper.
New stuff always has bugs in it, look at windows XP, now it works fairly well, but when it first came out it was bug city, now there are those dealing with Vista, again bug city, getting better, but still not as good as XP.
nuf said

Status
Not open for further replies.