Civil Air Patrol (CAP) exercise(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

Have you looked at the Wiki links we have previously shared ? or the RRDB most of these are already identified

143.5500 for CAP is FM not AM - PL/DPL or P25

that said there maybe [as CAP is a Secondary user of some of their NTIA assignments]
that there is a MilAir user near-by also using the same Frequency

148.1250 167.9 would be R-47 over in Logan
Since you are here, I have a couple more CAP hits. 143.5500, I am hearing both AM and FM comms, not at the same time. I'll look more closely for the tone.
On 148.125 I see a tone of 167.9.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
No I haven't look. I keep forgetting about the Wiki side.
As for 143.5500. I have been hearing AM comms on this freq. Caught me by surprise the first time. It's not to often, but they are there. I am also hear FM comms here, but not during the same conversation. Very unusual.

And thank you for reminding me about the Wiki.

I have a good (Electromagnetic) view of the Utah Test and Training Range (UTTR) just to the West of SLC. I do get a fair amount of MilAir comms from there.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Now hearing Gold Pointer Net Control talking with Strike Team-1, on 148.12500, P25. NAC is 68F

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
That is a really good repeater. The mobile units were in Santaquin chasing a beacon. They did find it. I couldn't hear the input, but the repeater did.

ecps92

At Elevation: 2959 m / 9710 ft , it should
but at that distance, I now question if that is/was the repeater [too far north], they would have been better on the SLC

O well, it worked for them

That is a really good repeater. The mobile units were in Santaquin chasing a beacon. They did find it. I couldn't hear the input, but the repeater did.

Status
Not open for further replies.