Civil Air Patrol in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Good Evening Folks,

It's a few minutes before 1900 and the weekly NC CAP wing radio net is about to start. For those of you who are going to read this in the next few minutes, I ask that you please take a second to plug in 148.1500 & 148.1250 into your scanners and see if you can get some repeaters & tones identified. I'll bump this thread again next week a little earlier and whoever gets the chance can do another search.

Thanks!

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Good Evening Folks,

It's a few minutes before 1900 and the weekly NC CAP wing radio net is about to start. For those of you who are going to read this in the next few minutes, I ask that you please take a second to plug in 148.1500 & 148.1250 into your scanners and see if you can get some repeaters & tones identified. I'll bump this thread again next week a little earlier and whoever gets the chance can do another search.

Thanks!

Thanks Chris,
A coupl of weeks ago I was able to monitor the Elm City CAP and indentified some PL Tones.
148.125 151.4 PL Mission Base
149.5375 100.0 PL CAP 3203

trumpetman

Database Admin
Awesome Greg, something else to add to the list. If you, and anyone else in the NC area would keep the 148.1250 & 148.1500 in their scanners with a CTCSS / NAC search, that would be awesome. I'll post another reminder next tuesday and if you're availiable to catch the net that would be great.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Awesome Greg, something else to add to the list. If you, and anyone else in the NC area would keep the 148.1250 & 148.1500 in their scanners with a CTCSS / NAC search, that would be awesome. I'll post another reminder next tuesday and if you're availiable to catch the net that would be great.

Sorry I missed this. As RMPDCop can attest to, today was a crazy day for me and I just got in awhile ago. I will load the above into my radios and let ya know if I come across anything here in Raleighwood.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

ecps92

149.5375 is not in the channel plan anymore, as it's a Wideband Frequency...... hmmmmm

148.1250 151.4 would be a Rptr [ID = R-37], thoughts on where?

Thanks Chris,
A coupl of weeks ago I was able to monitor the Elm City CAP and indentified some PL Tones.
148.125 151.4 PL Mission Base
149.5375 100.0 PL CAP 3203

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
149.5375 is not in the channel plan anymore, as it's a Wideband Frequency...... hmmmmm

148.1250 151.4 would be a Rptr [ID = R-37], thoughts on where?

Bill,
I know the closet CAP Squadron is in Group3 Tar River Composite Squadron, located in Elm City. I am not doubting you, I was just letting Chris know that is what I heard. :)

ecps92

My experience is the Repeaters are not always [your milage may vary] geared around the squadrons, but more for the Airfields used to provide wide-area coverage. Anyone have a list of the old Rptr Sites? Probably re-used...

Yup some wings are still play'n with the old [100.0 hz is a good hint] Wideband freq's....yet Northeast Region, Civil Air Patrol

CAP Narrowband Transition
As of 2359 Hours, Wednesday 30 Sep 2009, usage of wideband channels is prohibited by any CAP personnel. There will be new Federal users on those frequencies. Use of those frequencies will be a MAJOR violation as per NHQ CAP.

Bill,
I know the closet CAP Squadron is in Group3 Tar River Composite Squadron, located in Elm City. I am not doubting you, I was just letting Chris know that is what I heard. :)

trumpetman

Database Admin
Just a reminder, for those of you who are willing, if you can keep the two frequencies listed at the top of the thread in your scanner and keep an ear out tonight around 1900 I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

trumpetman

Database Admin
It looks like the commanders call/comm test is on the first tuesday of every month according to a few websites I've found recently. If anyone can plug in the 2 freqs listed above and keep an ear out tonight starting a little before 7 pm, I would greatly appreciate it.

ecps92

It's like being a Dentist, isn't it :twisted:

It looks like the commanders call/comm test is on the first tuesday of every month according to a few websites I've found recently. If anyone can plug in the 2 freqs listed above and keep an ear out tonight starting a little before 7 pm, I would greatly appreciate it.

trumpetman

Database Admin
The frequencies for the designators are posted in the wiki. If you elaborate on what you have, we can figure out what exactly it is that you need. 148.1250 is the primary frequency, and 148.1500 is the secondary frequency.... the different repeaters use differnt access tones/NACs (based on the designator). Let us know what you have and we'll go from there.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
I have a recording (using ProScan software) from 31 May 2011 that is about 20 minutes long. I listened to it last night. There are several analog radio checks on 148.1375, a few P25 and a couple of definite
ENC (encrypted P25) transmissions. So the CAP does have encryption capability, at least in NC! The
file is 2.1 Megabytes and in MP3 format. If anyone wants a copy, send me a PM.

Interesting to hear the P25 and a bit surprised to hear the ENC. Most of it's boring radio checks.

ecps92

Did you catch the Tone & NAC's to ID which Repeater pair

Nice Catch on the ENC

I have a recording (using ProScan software) from 31 May 2011 that is about 20 minutes long. I listened to it last night. There are several analog radio checks on 148.1375, a few P25 and a couple of definite
ENC (encrypted P25) transmissions. So the CAP does have encryption capability, at least in NC! The

Interesting to hear the P25 and a bit surprised to hear the ENC. Most of it's boring radio checks.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
Did you catch the Tone & NAC's to ID which Repeater pair

You can definitely hear a PL tone during the analog transmissions. In order to receive P25 audio with
the BCD-396T I'm using with ProScan, I have to turn off the PL decode. And since I'm using a
396T, it won't show the NAC..only the XT has that capability. I have an XT but I don't want to tie
it up as a ProScan receiver just yet.

148.1375 is listed as an airborne repeater in the Wiki here on RR.
The recording I have started at 1811 and ended at 1956.
During that timeframe, 20 minutes of audio was recorded (ProScan only records frequency activity).

ecps92

Understand on the BC/Uniden Analog vs P25 issues. shame they don't do like the GRE's.

Yes, as the author of major changes [Narrowband and P25] to the CAP Wiki, that is why I was asking to get the NC info updated.

You can definitely hear a PL tone during the analog transmissions. In order to receive P25 audio with
the BCD-396T I'm using with ProScan, I have to turn off the PL decode. And since I'm using a
396T, it won't show the NAC..only the XT has that capability. I have an XT but I don't want to tie
it up as a ProScan receiver just yet.

148.1375 is listed as an airborne repeater in the Wiki here on RR.
The recording I have started at 1811 and ended at 1956.
During that timeframe, 20 minutes of audio was recorded (ProScan only records frequency activity).

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

Chris was kind enough to get me a copy of the above mentioned recording so I could host it for him. Feel free to download or listen to the mp3 file:
http://qsl.net/ke4znr/CAP/05-31-11- CAP_NC_148.1375.mp3
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

JHW2

Premium Subscriber
First of the recording sounds like an air crew and ground team chasing down an active Electronic Locator Transmitter (ELT). The rest sounds like the standard CAP radio net.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
..I ask that you please take a second to plug in 148.1500 & 148.1250 into your scanners and see if you can get some repeaters & tones identified. I'll bump this thread again next week a little earlier and whoever gets the chance can do another search.
Thanks!

I'm receiving analog and P25 checkins. The 148.150 repeater is in use (no idea where it is. I'm just North of Fuquay-Varina and it's not coming in very strong). The tone in use is 103.5. The P25 checkins are not encrypted. I cannot get the NAC since I'm using a BCD396T (no NAC decode) on my ProScan setup.

Just received a fairly strong hit (repeater kerchunked, no ID) on ProScan on the 148.125 repeater. PL shows 162.2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.