Civil Air Patrol Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Just tried again

Working Fine here, just loaded it. Maybe you need to reboot
There were many changes made to it today

Just tried the link again after re-booting my computer and it still does not work, the page comes up for a second and then goes blank ??? Also all other links in the wiki work ok.
Steve

Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
Just tried the link again after re-booting my computer and it still does not work, the page comes up for a second and then goes blank ??? Also all other links in the wiki work ok.
Steve

I can't get it to load either! Does the same thing for me as Saint describes.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Hmmm, working fine on more than one Computer here.

Anyone else??

I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but the link that is posted by Saint is not blue, but a purple color like the color it would go after you have clicked on it. I also went to the Wiki Home page, entered Civil Air Patrol in the search box and got the same results: a flash and then blank page.

Running XP Pro, IE 8.

ecps92

I think a Moderator needs to take a look at this.

I can load it fine, until... I log Out as a WIKI Editor. Once Logged out, it does the same thing, Quick Load to a Blank White Page.

If I log back in, all is showing Fine.

Moderator, the changes made today were I added Tables [template] to allow sorting of the Data

I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but the link that is posted by Saint is not blue, but a purple color like the color it would go after you have clicked on it. I also went to the Wiki Home page, entered Civil Air Patrol in the search box and got the same results: a flash and then blank page.

Running XP Pro, IE 8.

ecps92

Rather ODD. The RR WIKI doesn't like WIKI Tables. :confused:

The only change made was to put the info into a Table [Sortable] :confused:

I just removed the table info [left the pipes || for now] until they can look into the issue.

Can someone try and check the page, I think it's back

Same here too. WTF???

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
It would appear that the "skins" template is missing and you hang (on a blank page) while it looks for it on the servers; no doubt as a result of the migration to the new servers.

This is something Mike needs to get Lindsay to work on.

ecps92

Is it loading ok, now ?? I removed the table info, as we have added more and more info to it, hate it to be lost until the issue get's resolved.

It would appear that the "skins" template is missing and you hang (on a blank page) while it looks for it on the servers; no doubt as a result of the migration to the new servers.

This is something Mike needs to get Lindsay to work on.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. Yes, it is loading fine in its present state, I was looking at the previous version trying to see what the problem was.

ecps92

Rather ODD how it loaded fine when LOGGED into EDIT the WIKI, but when NOT logged in, all the problems occur. :(

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. Yes, it is loading fine in its present state, I was looking at the previous version trying to see what the problem was.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Rather ODD. The RR WIKI doesn't like WIKI Tables. :confused:

The only change made was to put the info into a Table [Sortable] :confused:

I just removed the table info [left the pipes || for now] until they can look into the issue.

Can someone try and check the page, I think it's back

yes, it is loading fine now

I just clicked on the link in post #1, was taken to the CAP page, and it loaded without difficulty so I can confirm what trashman says. I might just add that the color of the link in post #1 remains a purple color. Still not sure if that has any importance.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The problem might be a service or statement that the wiki doesn't understand. I see in the change logs where a template was called - but when I try to edit the template code, my session gets wiped out and I get locked up. There are 2 templates on the Scan New England wiki with the same names, but these seem to work, indicating something is installed in the SNE wiki that the RR wiki does not have.

The templates on the SNE Wiki are 'prettytable' and 'largetable'. I can't look at the code on that wiki from work, so it will have to wait until I get home. 73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The problem is that these SNE templates call a java class that evidently doesn't exist here on RR. I dropped the class statements off a copy of these templates and they worked, although I'm unsure that they worked the way it was originally intended.

Not a RR wiki table problem, as I suspected. 73 Mike

ecps92

Thanks Mike, I will try and enable it again.

Hopefully :)

Thanks Mike, I removed the java class, it was used to allow a SORT of the tables, which works when you want to sort by the fields.
It's apparently not enabled on RR, but is on SNE

thanks

The problem is that these SNE templates call a java class that evidently doesn't exist here on RR. I dropped the class statements off a copy of these templates and they worked, although I'm unsure that they worked the way it was originally intended.

Not a RR wiki table problem, as I suspected. 73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.