Civil Air Patrol RIDS ?

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring the Civil Air Patrol recently, in P25 I'm receiving them loud and clear plus decoding NAC just fine. However I am not decoding any RIDs for any unit. I'm beginning to think RIDs are not utilized for this system, can anyone confirm if RIDs are used or not ??

Thanks in Advance

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring the Civil Air Patrol recently, in P25 I'm receiving them loud and clear plus decoding NAC just fine. However I am not decoding any RIDs for any unit.
What are you monitoring this with? A scanner, sdr dongle or something else? If scanner, what make and model. If sdr, what software?

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Uniden 996P2. It displays as it should on other P25 and DMR systems, just not CAP.
Using ProScan for logging and recording, no CAP RIDs captured there either.

It should be noted that I have a second 996P2 and the results are the same

Last edited:

ecps92

Could be the Repeater they are using is NOT passing the RID
That Repeater should be based on the NAC - R42 from Laurel Mountain

Next time, see if you hear them on the input 143.7000 and see the RID
I'm not sure what link you're seeking. The system is the standard 148.1500 NAC 302. Other than the evening net, there isn't much traffic

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Uniden 996P2. It displays as it should on other P25 and DMR systems, just not CAP.
Can you link the system your listening to?
I'm not sure what link you're seeking. The system is the standard 148.1500 NAC 302. Other than the evening net, there isn't much traffic

I was asking for a link to the system.

148.1500 with a nac of 302 only comes up in Netcong, NJ and does not appear to be part of a system. It appears you are listening to a conventional frequency rather than a system per say. Since its P25, and if your radio supports it, you could program the freq as "P25 One Frequency" which could reveal radio ids.

Also, if you search 148.1500 without a nac or pl tones in the database, and select Entire Database, you will see it is used all over the country with different nac and pl tones.

1663935346624.png

1663937010765.png

Last edited:

ecps92

I was asking for a link to the system.

148.1500 with a nac of 302 only comes up in Netcong, NJ and does not appear to be part of a system. It appears you are listening to a conventional frequency rather than a system per say. Since its P25, and if your radio supports it, you could program the freq as "P25 One Frequency" which could reveal radio ids.

Also, if you search 148.1500 without a nac or pl tones in the database, and select Entire Database, you will see it is used all over the country with different nac and pl tones.

View attachment 128389

View attachment 128391

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Could be the Repeater they are using is NOT passing the RID
That Repeater should be based on the NAC - R42 from Laurel Mountain

Next time, see if you hear them on the input 143.7000 and see the RID

My apologizes for using the incorrect terminology. It is a conventional repeater, and ecps92 is correct, it is located on Laurel Mountain in Southwest PA and is referred to as Romeo 42. I'll try programming as a P25 one frequency trunk and see what happens

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
When are the Nets? I'll try to tune in on my SDS100 and see if I catch any radio ID's

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I caught 2 users with a UID of 1 on the Net yesterday, and one user I didn't get a UID. All on TG:1. Most comms were on R-42A, only 3 stations used R-42P (P25 mode)

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I caught 2 users with a UID of 1 on the Net yesterday, and one user I didn't get a UID. All on TG:1. Most comms were on R-42A, only 3 stations used R-42P (P25 mode)

They normally are cross mode. They have been referencing Romeo 54 pretty often, keep an ear open for that, I'm not hearing it here. The only one listed in the WiKi is Hawk Mountain.

ecps92

R54 should be Hawk Mtn for PA Wing

Cross mode ? did you mean mixed mode ? meaning the Repeater and users can use either Analog or P25?
They normally are cross mode. They have been referencing Romeo 54 pretty often, keep an ear open for that, I'm not hearing it here. The only one listed in the WiKi is Hawk Mountain.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
R54 should be Hawk Mtn for PA Wing

Cross mode ? did you mean mixed mode ? meaning the Repeater and users can use either Analog or P25?

One of these days I'll get it right, yes mixed mode as opposed to cross mode. Hawk Mountain is on the opposite side of the state from my location, unless they are networked together (hopefully that was the correct term) I seriously doubt stations would be checking in via it.

ecps92

Your state could be "Networked" - we know CT is and others, but - PA no one has even hinted at that function/feature.

the other thought was a neighboring state having a closer R-54, but I only know of two R-54's (MA and PA)
altho long ago their was a rumor of a "West Pittsburg" site to come on-line with R-54

One of these days I'll get it right, yes mixed mode as opposed to cross mode. Hawk Mountain is on the opposite side of the state from my location, unless they are networked together (hopefully that was the correct term) I seriously doubt stations would be checking in via it.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
On tonight's Net, "Whitetail 63" had a the UID:5000006 on R42P. Everyone else was on the VHF FM side.