civil air patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be p25 or mixed.
Check the "MODE" column

Also check here:

MSS-Dave

If you want digital-only, select p25. if there's a chance that there would be analog traffic on the same frequency you have to select mixed to be able to get both. Have to have the correct NAC code for P25, you should be able to set your analog receive to either CSQ or PL/DPL. I would not recommend CSQ because any noise could hold the receiver open and you won't hear any digital traffic in that case.

There are some nets that are running in digital, but not everything has a digital radio, so it's mostly analog. The repeaters and some equipment are mixed-mode, meaning the repeaters will do both - but not at the same time. Most pilots don't like using digital.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
my experience with CAP is that it's mostly heard in Analog. Every so often I will hear P25, but again - mostly analog.

someone was up on "AIR 1" this morning (149.275) NFM (analog) with a test count.

d

ecps92

Hearing of a push to more P25 and P25 ENC for those Wings that do Law Enforcement Support
my experience with CAP is that it's mostly heard in Analog. Every so often I will hear P25, but again - mostly analog.

someone was up on "AIR 1" this morning (149.275) NFM (analog) with a test count.

d

Status
Not open for further replies.