civilians txing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auxscan

yes there was. i had three scanners running yesterday. one on sod, one on my local pct and the other scanning the rest of the frequencies.

it was a jammer he was putting over fake officer down calls over sod pior to new year. the last time he transmitted. the dispacther said the radio techs are working on it and trying to find its source.
so hopefully this F'ing guy got caught!

auxscan

i think it was only one. he was on zone 24 (81/83 pct) many times pior to that. putting bogus shots fired at police transmissons. i heard DTMF also so he must be using a ham radio. it might be a ham operator.
i guess when he heard that that the radio techs are looking for him. he wet his pants lol.
hopefully his a$$ is caught!!!

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Sad and dangerous situation, but please don't think it was a ham because of the DTMF tones. A nut like that probably has all sorts of radio paraphernalia. Hopefully, they can track him down.

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
A repeater jammer was located the other night, totally unlicensed but had the gear he needed to get on the air.

Someone pulled up out in front of his house and gave him 300mW on the output frequency with PL enabled, described the cars in his driveway and told him where he should put his radio...or someone would do it for him. Poof, the interference stopped.

It isn't hard at all to find people doing this, it's a matter of having the time and people to go get them. HF is harder than the higher frequencies, but it too can be done.

The shame of it is, you can't have these people jailed for it. So short of removing their arms and sewing their mouths shut, it's something that will always happen.

auxscan

well you never know. there was a ham jamming lapd frequencies before they went digital. im not saying he's ham nor am i putting hams down. but some people are just plain stupid.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No reason to bring hams into this discussion. Any jerkoff can buy a portable on eBay for a few lousy bucks, commercial or amateur, it doesn't really matter. There are definitely a few sketchy characters on this very board who have a habit of asking for input frequencies and PLs constantly, claiming to be "authorized" or "on the job". I call BS to every one of those claims. Seem to be a few of those characters in the NY section all the time, as well as one particular individual in the Motorola section always fishing for info he has no practical need to know.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Ah memories.. Google Jack Gerritsen, a famous SoCal repeater kook. He finally did go to jail in 2006 for interfering with among other things: A MARS operation, a Coast Guard Auxiliary training, and a Red Cross operation. People that would interfere with operations like this need to be locked up.

auxscan

never meant to bring ham into discussion, but since i heard DTMF tones go off i was supposed the jammer had a ham radio or a commercial radio. Never meant to say he was a licensed ham.

And I agree with you 100% input frequencies and pl's are a BIG no- no!!!

We just had someone screaming on one of the fire working channels about a half hour ago. They would key up, scream, then unkey over and over again. I ended up locking it out of the feed radio for a little while and shortly after that the screaming stopped. Makes me wonder if someone found a department radio and was screwing around listening to themselves on the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.