Clarence-Rockland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazou

I've been looking for the 2way frequency of road works of the city of Clarence-Rockland. Can somebody help. All I got was 467.775 and 460.6625 but those are old.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
You might want to give the Christie & Walther frequencies or trunk systems a listen and see if they are on one of those, as per a by-law passed in 2012.

https://clarencerockland.civicweb.net/document/14557

CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF CLARENCE-ROCKLAND

BY-LAW NO. 2012-108

BEING A BY-LAW TO AUTHORIZE THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF CLARENCE-ROCKLAND TO SIGN AN AGREEMENT WITH CHRISTIE-WALTHERS COMMUNICATIONS LTD.

Last edited:

Jammin_Jay

Try 462.4125, 451.2125
Turris communications. It is DMR

Actually turris communications is the radio service provider for
Prescott-Russell fire dispatch in hawksburry which has 9 repeaters throughout the united counties.
With its central main connection tower in st. Isidore.
With the exception of Clarence-Rockland which is dispatched from Ottawa.

Last edited:

DaveH

Try 411.7375 which is used in Prescott-Russell. Last winter sitting in a restaurent in Plantagenet, a repeater
just across the road kept triggering Close-Call on my scanner, and it was snowing; activity in french. I'm not sure
Rockland proper uses this system but check it out.

Also check 154.100, not sure of its status but also licensed to Prescott-Russell. You won't find it in a
search for Ontario as repeater is located across in Quebec at Ripon.

Good idea to look at vehicles to see what band of antennas they're using. The older style UHF are either short
quarter-wave (4-6") or stacked with loading coil. Newer-style UHF is single element half or 5/8 wave with base
loading coil and conical spring. For those who don't recognize certain antenna types, well we all started somewhere...

As for UHF DMR located at Rockland, may be worth a check but I'm a bit doubtful they would need to join a
wide-area system, but you never know.

This is a handy site for quick checks, though I believe the database is a year old. You can try
any name combinations such as Rockland, Clarence-Rockland, Prescott and Russell etc.

TAFL Search

Dave

DaveH

You might want to give the Christie & Walther frequencies or trunk systems a listen and see if they are on one of those, as per a by-law passed in 2012.

https://clarencerockland.civicweb.net/document/14557

CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF CLARENCE-ROCKLAND

BY-LAW NO. 2012-108

BEING A BY-LAW TO AUTHORIZE THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF CLARENCE-ROCKLAND TO SIGN AN AGREEMENT WITH CHRISTIE-WALTHERS COMMUNICATIONS LTD.

Wow., what a weird legalistic document, says almost nothing technical (must be in the attachments...).

I like the part about "time is of the essence".

Only ~$36k for the whole system...did I read it right?

Anyway it was 4 years ago so unlikely to be DMR at that time, for that price.

Dave

Gazou

Thx for the replies but hope there is more comming. I checked all so far and still no luck. 411.7373 is roads but for Prescott Russell. Looking more into C&W but nothing on the Vanklee Hill tower.

DaveH

Thx for the replies but hope there is more comming.

I vaguely recall activity on 462.775 repeater but that was years ago. Also 410.5625 was a Rockland
frequency (hydro I think) but also years ago. Neither is listed in IC database.

I hear a CW identifier on 154.100 but nothing else, so something is there.

In my experience if nobody's responded by now, you could be waiting a long time, unless someone wants investigate. If you can get a look at works vehicle antenna (describe or get a picture) it would narrow down the band.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.