Clark County District Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbart

I've not seen this posted here....if I missed it, I apologize for taking your time.

Those of you who use the Clark County Fire Alarm website know that along with the incident address a district number is provided. It's typically in the format XXXXX-XX. Today I stumbled on a website that will give you a "pdf" file of the district map:

District_Maps

737mech

Premium Subscriber
District numbers

I've not seen this posted here....if I missed it, I apologize for taking your time.

Those of you who use the Clark County Fire Alarm website know that along with the incident address a district number is provided. It's typically in the format XXXXX-XX. Today I stumbled on a website that will give you a "pdf" file of the district map:

District_Maps

Too bad Henderson doen't have this. I tried to suggest to the HFD to have a website and district map like the CCFD or tied with the CCFD but they declined citing patient privacy etc. etc. Not to say they didn't seriously take a look at it, they did, however the meeting and vote resulted in a "No go". The only HFD incidents you will see on CCFD website is a mutual aid fire or incident which is typical for anything HFD can't respond to fast enough or needs help on. For example last year an apartment building on Green Valley Parkway was fully involved, nearest HFD was 94 but the next in was HFD 95, equal to the same distance within a half mile of CCFD 25. No matter though, several units responded to that fire from farther away. They must have mutual aid zones already in play with dispatchers depending on what is going on at the time. I understand that is common for some departments and dispatchers to share certain areas of responsibility thus the definition of "Mutual Aid" God Bless our Bravest, CCFD and HFD!!! They are AWESOME!!

mbart

I would bet you're right about having established plans for mutual aid. I moved here from the Chicago area about 10 years ago. While the City of Chicago handled it's own alarms, even at the borders with the close-in suburbs, the 'burbs came up with what is called MABAS, the mutual aid box alarm system. Under this system each suburban community handled the initial response to their incidents, help for larger fires or other emergencies came from the surrounding communities on a preplanned basis. The plan even provided for further distant communities to change quarters (move up or fill in) so that wide areas weren't left without a degree of protection for other emergencies.

After reading your response, I googled "mutual aid box alarm system" and found several interesting websites including a nice PowerPoint presentation.

This MABAS system must be working well. Before I moved it had spread across northern Illinois and the very south eastern part of Wisconsin. I found the following quote on one of the websites: "MABAS is a mutual aid organization that has been in existence since the late 1960s. Heavily rooted throughout northern Illinois , MABAS now includes over 750 member fire departments organized within 75 divisions. MABAS first came to Wisconsin in 1987 with the joining of the Village of Pleasant Prairie in Kenosha County . MABAS divisions geographically span the states of Illinois , Wisconsin , Indiana , Missouri , Michigan , and the other states, i.e. Minnesota , Iowa , and Ohio , are considering joining. There are 16 established Wisconsin divisions (as of May 2008) who share MABAS with the 62 divisions established in Illinois .

"MABAS includes over 25,000+ firefighters and daily staffed emergency response units including more than 950 fire stations, 1100+ engine companies, 375+ ladder trucks, 800+ ambulances (mostly paramedic capable), 150+ heavy rescue squads, 135+ light rescue squads, and 275+ water tankers. Fire/ EMS reserve (back-up) units account for more than 600 additional emergency vehicles. MABAS also offers specialized operations teams for hazardous materials (HAZMAT), underwater rescue/recovery (DIVE) and above grade/below grade, trench and building collapse rescues, a.k.a. Technical Rescue Teams ( TRT ). An additional element of resource are the certified fire investigators which can be "packaged" as teams for larger incidents requiring complicated and time-consuming efforts for any single agency."

Thought you might find that interesting.

BCFlash

I have a relative in a northern Illinois fire dept. that is part of the MABAS system. It works extremely well but I have noticed one issue- the large depts. like Chicago and Rockford don't participate fully- only on really major alarms. As a result some of the suburban depts. have to make longer responses than are really required.

Status
Not open for further replies.