Clark County Misc V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Since the old misc thread got closed for further posts Here I start a new.

I was hearing a few things VIP related today. Encrypted OSCAR comms. Some WADS CAP work on 271.0 and 282.6. There is still clear comms on 170.6 P25 3E8 LE Central. Not related to VIP.

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
What you are probably hearing is the Southern Desert Regional Police Academy operated on the North Las Vegas campus of the College of Southern Nevada. This program supplies POST certified officers for the NLVPD, the campuses of the College of Southern Nevada, and the City of Las Vegas Department of Public Safety.
SNACC TG 2263 was active today with academy training. This talkgroup falls within the NLVPD block. Does NLVPD have an academy?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Hearing some talk on 156.03 RRDB only shows Washoe Search and Rescue. Anyone have info on it Clark County?

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
FCC database shows still licensed to LVMPD, 3 sites in Clark County... if that helps.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
LVMPD still uses that for air-to-air chat and air-to-helo base chat. I've heard it every time I've been to Vegas.

Love multiband radios.

Last edited:

Hooligan

LVMPD still uses that for air-to-air chat and air-to-helo base chat. I've heard it every time I've been to Vegas.

Love multiband radios.

Wow, yeah.. .It's only an old LVMPD SAR repeater/simplex channel that's now used on a very routine, daily basis in simplex mode by LVMPD Air & mentioned in this forum plenty of times!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Just monitored CCFD ENG 28 a call on a lost hiker Red Rock Area Metro SAR called they are heading that way.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Logged TG 2843 on SNACC earlier today. The database has it listed as VA Hospital, but as you can see and hear from the video Green Valley Ranch ER is using it.

Thank you for posting that video. I hadn't heard audio from a southern Nevada simulcast system on a SDS100 yet. It seems as though all the YouTube videos are from people who live east of the Mississippi. I think the audio you passed along to us is not as good as analog, but I note that the SDS100 audio on a simulcast system is better than the audio of my 325P2 is on a P2 site by site system. The only P2 trunked system where I live is that of SCE (Southern California Edison) and it is like a smart zone system in that the signal from a mobile is carried by whatever site is receiving it best via a voting system. It passes that signal onto the other sites in the area, but they all have different frequencies and is thus a "multicast" system. The 325P2 handles the switch to the site with the better signal, just like this companies mobiles do, without any interruption in the signal. The 325P2 audio has a lot of digital distortion on SCE, but has great audio on the only other trunked system in my region, which is the old Type 1 analog system for a major ski area here. I've yet to try it on a simulcast system, but will try if we resume our annual trip to see family in the Phoenix area this Christmas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.