Clark County Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

Question for Docster911.
Wash. state is in Phase 4 of the rebanding program and Oregon is in Phase 1.
Since the Clark county and Portland systems are interoperable, is Clark accelerating their rebanding schedule to match the Portland rebanding?
Portland has finished Phase 1 (Channels 0-120 reconfiguration), while Clark is just starting Phase 1, according to the Transition Administrator's schedule.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
So if I go into Radio Shack in Portland and buy a Pro97 which is on sale, do I then take it back for rebanding of the firmware or what?

DickH

icom1020 said:
So if I go into Radio Shack in Portland and buy a Pro97 which is on sale, do I then take it back for rebanding of the firmware or what?

If what I have read is correct, the PRO-97 can not be upgraded. Perhaps that is why they are on sale.
The new PRO-433 and PRO-528 are supposed to be upgradable.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure either, I thought I read on the wiki site here that they can, but I just called "you got questions, we got batteries" and got some manager from another store who said, "Oh, it'll just load the new freqs and you set it on 'triple trunking' but he knew nothing of the rebanding which makes me wonder if they actually plan on staying up at night restocking these.

DickH

icom1020 said:

That info is a year old. Motorola released the new programs in February, ahead of schedule. I understand it is changable by individual systems. If that is the case it will be a horrendous problem for us scanner users. Let's hope that is not true.
It seems to me, if the program has been released that long ago, Uniden and GRE ought to know by now what to do. But, as the RS note said, we'll just have to wait and see.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Yes, looking at this and Uniden, they both say they will need to see the first system rebanded and tested with hopefully, an upgraded scanner. Thats why I'm waiting to purchase one.

Status
Not open for further replies.