Clark County Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'll be in LV sometime in late September. I plan to bring my 396 along and listen while I'm there. First, does anyone have an ARC396 file they'd be willing to send to me? What is the best site to program in for the Clark County trunk? The information on RR seems to conflict with what's in the FCC data base as far as frequencies, which is the more accurate set? Finally, has the NHP completely abandoned the VHF trunk system and moved completely over to the NDOT system?

Thanks,

Gary

TOUGHLIFE

The CC trunking system uses a three site simulcast system at the present time. Any of the sites should work for you in the LV Valley. However, RR does lack many of the talkgroups used on the system for a wide variety of agencies.
The NHP uses primarily the NSRS (DOT maintained) in Southern Nevada but they have turned on the VHF licensed backup system in the area. Currently, one frequency of it is used in the simplex mode for speed enforcement just outside of the LV Valley.
For your listening enjoyment you might call Amateur Electronics Supply in LV or Radio World in Boulder City for a copy of the Southern Nevada Scanner Book which covers all this and a lot more. Although I have a great knowledge of monitoring in this area I do look at it several times a week to refresh my memory as to whatever is of interest. I highly recommend the publication. Enjoy your stay.

w2wml

Premium Subscriber
I have to disagree about the any of the three sites working ok. I currently have all three site in my bc15. In the primary group, I can hear all trunked activity in the valley area. The Apex and Angel sites seem to just have N. Las Vegas PD on them. I also hear N. Las Vegas Pd on the primary group. So as far as I am concerned, you just need to program the primary group at this time.
Happy Listening

TOUGHLIFE

The three simulcast sites are Red Mtn., Black Mtn. and the Rio Hotel. The others are new sites for NLV.

Status
Not open for further replies.