Clark County-Vancouver Fire

uncledenny48

I'm over in Portland, I'm adding Vancouver/Clark County Fire, what site should I scan ? and do they use all of the operation channels ? mainly interested in operation channels they use for fire ground ops for fires, major events. And are ll of the Law enforcement in Clark county encrypted ? Thank you.

Dennis

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
I'll let someone more local to your area answer the first part of the question, but for the encryption part it looks like all is in the clear except for the Sheriff's department. On this system, CRESA 911 Trunking System, Vancouver, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies you'll notice the Mode is "DE" meaning Digital Encrypted for the Sheriff's. The regular D is just digital so should be able to pick it up.

vansigint98661

Premium Subscriber
All LE within the County of Clark is Encrypted. Basically if listening to the trunk you can hear fire and EMS; WSP; C-Tran and civilians Patroling for Van PD. It is notable that if primarily interested in Fire there are two VHF leftovers from original licenses active.
154.07 Clark County Fire Dispatch
155.655 Fire Com (some Fire/EMS talk back to Dispatch

Some Fire Districts (notably District 6 and some North County areas) don't use the Trunk, but remain in VHF.
I live in East Vancouver and sit between two major transmiter sites yet do not get much traffic on the "OPS" channels anyway, so I listen to the VHF. Sadly I really miss the LE which I listened to for 40+ years.